Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nose piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this was the right place to put this or weather it belongs in Health and Fitness so I will put this here for now.

Does anyone have their nose piecred? Im sure someone does.
Im cosidering getting mine done but have a couple of questions.

How much does it hurt?

Do all places use the same technique?

How do you go about finding a reputable piercers to go to?

Thanks

x

Comments

• Options
    I cant answer number one as I dont want my nose periced.

A reptuable peircers will peirce using a hollow needle (sounds worse then it is) If any one offers to do it my pericing gun, which are what Claires uses to do ears, run. It will seriously damage your nose. You really shouldnt use them for any peircings.

Reputable piercers? Go to a professional place, ask any friends who the've used. Make sure its clean and they have an after care procedure. The very good ones wont pierce under 16's.
  • Options
    Hi Simba :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Do you have any other piercings? I'd say the pain is about the same as most other conventional piercings. Its always over too quick to really notice. I had mine done several years ago, it didn't hurt to bad in the healing process either. Just make sure its not cold season!

And I agree with angels on the other two. They'll use the needle, same procedure as any other. And I'd say your best bet for a good piercer is one from personal references. However, if you get there and they don't to things like show you the needle in its package, open it in front of you and all that, don't feel bad about saying, well nevermind, I've changed my mind ;)
  • Options
    I've had my nose pierced for 9 years now. I had it done with a gun when I was 12.
    These days I'm far more aware of my own health and safety and would tell everyone to stay well clear of piercing guns as they can be very harmful.

I took my friend to get her nose pierced with a needle, and all they did was mark the spot, put a metal tube up her nose so she could breathe and then pierced it with the needle. The end of the needle was caught by the tube, so it didn't cut the inside of her nostril. It was over in seconds and she quite enjoyed it.

The pain lasts for seconds. For me, I'm more interested in the final outcome to be put off by a few seconds of discomfort.

With regards to reputable piercers; always go on personal recommendation. The best piercer in town won't need to advertise if their customer base is strong - word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Always choose somewhere that displays certificates openly, and isn't shy about their hygiene - ask to see their autoclave, sterilised equipment and health and safety certificates. Ask them what their opinions on underage piercing are.
  • Options
    I've had my nose pierced for 9 years now. I had it done with a gun when I was 12.

Were you allowed to have it done when you were 12? I was told I had to wait till I was 16, and had it done with a gun on the market for £1 :shocking:

It hurt more than ears, it brought tears to my eyes but only for a second. Got infected at first, kept bleeding and was generally ick. Washed it with salt water and it cleared up.

I stopped wearing nose studs for about 2 years as I was trying to be more grown up (ha), but the hole did not close and now I wear them again.

Yeah, I recommend needle. Although I went with my friend who had it done and it looked painful!
  • Options
    Yeah, I was allowed it done.. the piercers (who funnily enough are my regular piercers and have been for 9 yrs) didn't bat an eyelid piercing a 12 year old - both my parents were with me at the time though haha.
    I'd been nagging my mum for years about having my nose pierced when she finally gave in at 12. lol.
  • Options
    I had mine done when i was 15 i had it done my a gun aswel didnt leave me with any problems though, i only kept it for a few months anyway because i kept gettin told take it out at school so i never bothered again
  • Options
    I had mine done when I was 16 using a needle, as Ilora said. It does hurt, there's no denying it, but if you really want it done a couple of seconds of pain won't put you off. I actually quite like the pain... I'm a bit kinky like that ;) Never had any trouble with mine but I took it out a couple of years ago cos I felt that it was time to move on!
  • Options
    I'm confused at how they can even pierce it with a gun. I don't see that quite working out, shoving it all up your nose and all that. I just can't picture even my big honker stretching to fit that in. Somebody explain... with pictures :p I'm dumb. Was it just a regular earring with a butterfly back? How did that work? Was it uncomfortable?
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys.

I only have my ears pierced and that was bout 5 years ago so I barely remember the pain. No one I know has any piercings other than their ears. So I cant really go on recomendatins. The place I did my ears at only do ears.

Its really fustrating trying to find somewhere. I also want to get my belly button done once I have lost some weight lol.