Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gym Routines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone stick to a gym routine?

if so what do you do and how often?

Me - I don't have a particular routine

Comments

• Options
    mine so far is..

5mins on the treadmill
    5mins on the stepup machine thing (the one that looks like skis)
    5mins on the rower
    20 arm machine things
    50 sit ups (or 51 if i'm feeling badass)
    stretches

as you can see i have adapted to gym terminology really well
  • Options
    I have a little routine. I"m sure its a shitty routine, but I still have one :p

cardio for 25 minutes. I usually do treadmill or eliptical. Then I do 3-4 machines. upper body, midsection next time, lower body next day. Then stretch for 10.

Unless its a school day, then I do the hiit (thanks to the lovely buff people from here! :heart: ) for the short amount of time i have between work and school. For the short amount of time I do it before I feel so much more accomplished than the whole 25minutes of the other. Plus if the calorie burner thing is even remotly generalized correct, I burn more during that :p

But in this nice weather I scrap it all and just go for an almost 2 mile walk around a pond with duckies and geese because I just love duckies.
  • Options
    Best to not get too stuck into a routine, to be honest. Your body adapts quite quickly and so you'll stop progressing...
  • Options
    At the moment, it goes something like this:

2x10 deadlifts
    2x10 lunges
    2x10 chest press
    2x10 lat pulldown
    2x10 shoulder press
    2x10 press ups
    as many chin ups I can do! Atm about 5/6 with assistance, 1/2 without
    sometimes some abs work

but I tend to tweak it every time. So some days I do no chest work and focus more on my back. Other days I do some tricep work with some dips. I try and do that 3 times a week.

No cardio work at the moment. Might do some hiit on the common if the weather improves. Glad to hear you're enjoying it my_name :D
  • Options
    Normally, depending on time and that, 40-60 mins fast walking on a high incline, 10 minutes on the x-trainer on a hill setting, 5 or 10 minutes on the rower, then arm and leg weight. I also try to do a body conditioning or a sculpt class twice a week. And I might use the vibrogym a few times a week too.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    At the moment, it goes something like this:

2x10 deadlifts
    2x10 lunges
    2x10 chest press
    2x10 lat pulldown
    2x10 shoulder press
    2x10 press ups
    as many chin ups I can do! Atm about 5/6 with assistance, 1/2 without
    sometimes some abs work

but I tend to tweak it every time. So some days I do no chest work and focus more on my back. Other days I do some tricep work with some dips. I try and do that 3 times a week.

No cardio work at the moment. Might do some hiit on the common if the weather improves. Glad to hear you're enjoying it my_name :D

Well I wouldn't say enjoying ;)
    How do you warm up before weights? I never really know whats good enough for being warmed up before you start weights so I only ever do them after cardio, which doing both in a day is probably a waste, huh. At least it is of time!
  • Options
    Hehehe ;)

Oh God, warming up. Talk to my boyfriend and he believes my warm-up/cool down routine is totally wrong. :rolleyes: :p

What I tend to do is 3 - 5 minutes on the bike to get my heart rate up, then I do some stretches and exercises for my muscles and joints.

Do be careful if you're doing weights after cardio. When your muscles are that warm and engorged with blood etc, you're more susceptible to overstretching and doing yourself some injury. Weights, then cardio might be a better alternative.
  • Options
    Thanks again :D