Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Absinthe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

Just saw a short documentary about this drink - don't think I've ever had it - any comments?Anyone had it? What's it even taste like?

Comments

• Options
    Aniseed. When you drink it straight, you pretty much have to make sure it goes straight down your throat or it starts to burn quite a bit and gives you that same feeling you get after you've been sick and the lining of your throat/mouth burns. But you're really not supposed to drink it straight, you're supposed to have it with sugar and water, where you really taste the aniseed. Not my favourite drink in the world, but the best use of it is as the top layer of a shooter, to give it an extra kick.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    DG wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

Just saw a short documentary about this drink - don't think I've ever had it - any comments?Anyone had it? What's it even taste like?

There's loads of topics about it in the drug forum. Do a search.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fuck I can't even remember what it tastes like. Last time I took it I was already fucked, drank the shot at the bar and puked all over the place right where I was standing. No one even noticed too so got away with it. :thumb:
  • Options
    Aniseed. When you drink it straight, you pretty much have to make sure it goes straight down your throat or it starts to burn quite a bit and gives you that same feeling you get after you've been sick and the lining of your throat/mouth burns.

I dont like aniseed much. You do have to drink it straight down or it hurts like buggery. Got me pretty mashed up the one time I tried it, the hangover was no fun.
  • Options
    Its like sambucca, but stronger.
  • Options
    Can't get the proper stuff (ie, the thujone/wormwood stuff) in the UK.

Personally I don't like it, because I hate the taste of aniceed.
  • Options
    'tis nice. i like it.
    :yum:
  • Options
    I've only had it once...never again tho! In Liverpool there is a good bar called Cava and they do it in all different flavours, but can only sell it after 11 as it's like 90% or something stupid! Last time I had it, I forgot the whole night, from 11 that night till 9 the next morning I don't remember a thing!
  • Options
    If you have it with sugar and water it's lush...

It gives me a different pissed sensation to other spirits I find.

I am rather fond of it.