Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Ex('s)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can you tell if they still like you ?

And why are sometimes they still horrible to you ?!! I know i have been a harsh bitch at times but really i said i was sorry ! grrr

also even if an ex did like you again would it be a good idea to have a one-off with them or not ?

Comments

• Options
    If they liked you I dont think it would be fair to have a one-off with them because they wont be able to go through the 'no strings attached' thing and will get hurt.
  • Options
    How can you tell if they still like you ?

And why are sometimes they still horrible to you ?!! I know i have been a harsh bitch at times but really i said i was sorry ! grrr

also even if an ex did like you again would it be a good idea to have a one-off with them or not ?

Not a good idea. Although it can be enjoyable, it is liable to mess one, or both of your heads up.
  • Options
    enjoyable, good to reminise and think of old times and regain that passion, but it extends the mess thats left after a breakup, and keeps those left over feelings in the air, but hey, id do it, good sex is good sex
  • Options
    Depends which ex it was.

Last one - don't even want to see her ever again let alone have a one-off
    One before - maybe, we're still on good terms
    One before that - we're still best of friends, only went out for 3 weeks or so which doesn't really count.
    Lost touch with the ones before that.
  • Options
    Dunno, I still really care about all my exes cause most of them deserve to be really happy.

But I'd be lying if there wasn't a bit of jealousy too, and that'd possibly fuck up any friendship that was there.
  • Options
    ask them...

possibly?
  • Options
    Depends how long you've been apart and the terms on which you broke up. I think you'll always get a bit of tension with people you've had a bumpy ride with.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote: »
    I think you'll always get a bit of tension with people you've had a bumpy ride with.

i think thats true
  • Options
    Eeeesh I don't go there again with exes. With the exception of a couple, things have ended too badly to want to go back! One relationship ended because he was in the army and about to go to Iraq, and I'd love to catch up with him. I wouldn't necessarily want a relationship with him but would just be cool to see how he's doing (he was my first love :blush: ). The only other guy I'd be up for seeing is someone very special- but things ended before they really started there so I guess it's curiosity more than anything. Generally, an ex is an ex in my book, I don't usually look back once a relationship is over.
  • Options
    Erm...well the normal advice is don't do it and is probably the sensible advice. However, I have with most of my exes had one offs afterwards and everything has been fine, but then I am really good mates with all my exes and we all know exactly how we feel about each other so it has been under different circumstances.

Only with 1 of them have feelings ever got in the way again, although seeing as I'm back with him now I don't worry about that.
  • Options
    Oh dear kind of talking to one again which i know where thats going to lead so il have to control it i think !
  • Options
    I'm in touch with all of my exes, and we're all still great mates. I see no reason why people who used to be in a relationship with one another cannot be friends.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I see no reason why people who used to be in a relationship with one another cannot be friends.

Because the large majority of my ex-boyfriends were arseholes ;).
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I see no reason why people who used to be in a relationship with one another cannot be friends.

Because generally people fall out quite badly when they split up or feelings get in the way afterwards if they haven't. But yeah most of my exes are my best mates as well...although they do all try it on as soon as I'm single again :chin: