Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fake Tan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
had to post this because I'm very excited :hyper: I'm really fair and don't tan easily. I'm fed up of with being pale so I thought I'd give the old fake tan a fair go. If anyone else needs a natural looking tan, really easy to use, no streaks, I can't reccommend Garnier Spray Tan enough- honestly, it's amazing. Happy tanning ladies :)

Comments

• Options
    I don't think i was made for fake tan, whatever make it is i always balls it up :yeees: I might try this garnier one if it's good :)
  • Options
    I never liked fake tans (I'm naturally tan anyways), from what I saw it looked really fake and orange. You should have tried the mystic tan at the salon but if this product works for you then great :)
  • Options
    i didnt see this post at the time...but dobbin do you really find the garnier spray one works?

i'm really pale and have been using it..i bought the lighter colour one, put it on every day for a week and it did nothing! no change of colour at all! so i started using the darker coloured one that my mum had and even though you can sort of notice a change now, its not very much considering iv applied it about 5 times now. i have noticed its better for not going streaky though.
  • Options
    Fake tan just makes me look like I haven't washed for a month. I'd probably have to get a spray one done at somewhere professional. Even then i'd probably look orange. The moisturiser ones are fine, until you have a bath/shower then they go all blotchy and you have to start over.
  • Options
    i didnt see this post at the time...but dobbin do you really find the garnier spray one works?

i'm really pale and have been using it..i bought the lighter colour one, put it on every day for a week and it did nothing! no change of colour at all! so i started using the darker coloured one that my mum had and even though you can sort of notice a change now, its not very much considering iv applied it about 5 times now. i have noticed its better for not going streaky though.

the light one is VERY light

but i've found i only need one coat of the darker one to notice a major difference

dont mean to be rude...but how long did she have it for? maybe it went out of date or somethin?x
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    the light one is VERY light

but i've found i only need one coat of the darker one to notice a major difference

dont mean to be rude...but how long did she have it for? maybe it went out of date or somethin?x

well no, i bought the lighter and the darker coloured one at the same time (it was buy 1 got 1 free at superdrug) a couple of weeks ago.

maybe im not putting enough on?

im starting to notice a difference now anyway with the darker one but i have put it on about 4 or 5 times.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    had to post this because I'm very excited :hyper: I'm really fair and don't tan easily. I'm fed up of with being pale so I thought I'd give the old fake tan a fair go. If anyone else needs a natural looking tan, really easy to use, no streaks, I can't reccommend Garnier Spray Tan enough- honestly, it's amazing. Happy tanning ladies :)

I use Garnier too, but I use the liquid summer body one that's a moisturisor.... I'm too scared to use a proper fake tan... but the gradual build up really seems to work. And it does look fairly natural. (I'd say completly, but recently was less careful and got a tiny bit of a streak on my leg... but it's not very noticeable, and it's the first time its happened since I started using it a few months ago).

I heard a tip about fake tanning a while ago - you're not suposed to put it on for at least 1/2 an hour after you'e showered/bathed because it can make you go orange. It aparently has some reaction with your skin because its PH isn't balanced for a while after cleaning. Just thought I'd share.
  • Options
    well no, i bought the lighter and the darker coloured one at the same time (it was buy 1 got 1 free at superdrug) a couple of weeks ago.

maybe im not putting enough on?

im starting to notice a difference now anyway with the darker one but i have put it on about 4 or 5 times.

hmmm weird

with the light one, i tend use it once a day from wednesday onwards to be tanned for the weekend...

but if i've run out and not had time, one (2 at the most) coats of the dark one the night before works wonders
  • Options
    Ohmygod - used THE best stuff last night, its Lo'eral gel stuff which you slap on and feel a bit greasy afterwards but it looks really natural today and so far, there is no sign of any streaks :D and the colour isnt like, orange its browny

think it was about seven quid, maybe eight but definately worth it at long last ive found a decent one

also another little thing - ive discovered that fake tan goes on better when i havent exfoliated or moisturised before hand, dunno why it just does
  • Options
    Ohmygod - used THE best stuff last night, its Lo'eral gel stuff which you slap on and feel a bit greasy afterwards but it looks really natural today and so far, there is no sign of any streaks :D and the colour isnt like, orange its browny

think it was about seven quid, maybe eight but definately worth it at long last ive found a decent one

also another little thing - ive discovered that fake tan goes on better when i havent exfoliated or moisturised before hand, dunno why it just does

is that the tinted one? so u can see where ya applyin it to?

if not try that, it gives u an instant tan and then develops

same brand x