Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why Am I So Paranoid?

Am probably worrying about nothing, but anyway:

In November last year, I made some sort of rant in the Depression & Self Harm thread and someone from here read it and asked me what it was about. So anyway, he asked me some questions about this and I gave him my answers. After this, I told him that I didn't want him to tell anyone.

Around new year, we had a bit of an argument (can't remember exactly what it was about) and I asked if it was possible for us to take a break from each other and got told no because he can't trust me enough. He made out that he was quite worried about me and I told him that if he was worried about me, he has my permission to say something on the board about it, as long as my name isn't mentioned.

Before either of us posted here, there were a few other message boards we used to post on. For some reason, I'm so worried that he's gone and told someone. How can I stop feeling this way? I know I said that it was alright for him to mention something on here, but I didn't want anyone else to know.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you're asking.
  • Options
    I don't get it either

Why don't you speak to him ?

is he your boyfriend or a concerned friend ?

.. theres so many hidden layers to this site !
  • Options
    He's a friend.
  • Options
    Oh ok, I've re-read it now. He knows some 'secrets' of yours and you're worried he might have told other people? I think that's probably paranoia tbh. If you trusted him enough to tell him in the first place, I doubt he'd spill just for the sake of gossiping. Even if he has told some people, there's no way you'll know so... I think you just have to assume he kept his word. Do you have any real reason to think he's told anyone?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Oh ok, I've re-read it now. He knows some 'secrets' of yours and you're worried he might have told other people?

Yes
    Do you have any real reason to think he's told anyone?

Not really. Although we were talking a few years ago about somethng and he mentioned to me that he does talk about me to his wife. (I have no idea what he's told her and that's probably where this has all come from)
  • Options
    Ok, well from the couples I know, he may well have told her lots, but that's what couples are like, they have each other to unload on, which is generally ok unless it's something uber secret I think. There's no reason to think he'll have told anyone else though, and probably less need to as he has a wife to talk to. Ask him.