Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mixing friend groups

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I like to keep my friends separate, because they're all so different and I just do. One of my friends likes to try to mix all her friends, which is fine for one off occasions, but I'm just not interested in being actual friends with her friends. The problem now is that she's trying to mix my friend groups now, or inject herself into them. She works in the same building as one of my friends, and invited him over to my house with her (before asking me), and I don't care if they're friends together in their own time, but I don't want to mix them. she also tried to invite herself to the party I went to at the weekend, I have to spell out 'no you can't come' because she was asking so many questions about who else was going, and then asked outright if she could come. I guess this is more of a rant than anything, because I know it's no crime to want to keep my friends separate, I guess I've just been spending too much time with her and she's starting to get on my nerves. Like, I'm going in to the office of my new job tomorrow, and she's like- ooh, I'll stay over and come with you, which she just can't. So clingy...

Comments

• Options
    I also have separate groups of friends that I am none too keen in mixing. Clubbing friends don't mix too well with many others usually due to the substance abuse involved etc etc.

Your friend needs telling straight where she stands.
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I mixed one friend with another and now one fancies the other even though they know they have a boyfriend. And, I'm stuck in the middle of the 'she's not replying to my txts' to which I have to remind him she has a boyfriend. Oh the annoyingness.

Just be firm. They're your friends and it's your prerogative to keep them separate.
  • Options
    She sounds kinda insecure. You can try explaining in a nice way that while you appreciate her friendship you want to mix with other people seperately as well. My friend goes to uni in london and we have totally different friendship groups but it makes it more fun when she returns during the hols because she has bundles to tell me about her nights out and so do I. It makes it interesting.
  • Options
    've told her before. I don't think it's because she's insecure, she's just like that- wants everyone to be friends. Although the work thing is weird. I used to tell her I was working, but she'd still want to comeover, or to my house BUT I'M WORKING! /rant

Sometimes you see too much of one person and their ways start to grate.
  • Options
    Ahhh she sounds way too perky. I can see why she grates. We all have our crosses to bare and that jazz.