Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
been with my chap now for year and half and its been problems non stop! but lately he has just not had any respect for me, i never see him and he spends 24-7 with his best mate sleeps at his, stays there everyday when hes not workin, which now is everyday because hes lost his job then hell come and see me for about 4 hours and is like oh i got to get back to his mates and he thinks that seein me for 4 hours one day a week is enough. should i just not say anything too him because everytime i try he gets all defensive and theres just no getting through to him of do you think i should try?

Comments

• Options
    thank you, i really do love him and it sounds stupid but im hooked, we have split up so many times and no matter what happenes we always work things out and stick together i think thats part of the reason i dont want to let him go because hes accepts me for who i am! but its just the way he has no respect and when i say something he just says moaning again? i dont want to let him go and honestly in a few years time i know it will be differant its just weather i can put up with it for now or not i suppose! why are men so difficult to get on with
  • Options
    I read this just after your other thread. it seems like maybe he's taking you for granted, and you need to show him that you're not his personal servant?
  • Options
    yea but how do i do that? im such an walk over and the fact that i would do any thing he asked for if he needed help would just make it hard
  • Options
    If you act like a doormat he'll walk all over you, that's the simple truth.

If he won't do anything for you, and he only ever comes across when he's randy, then what are you getting out of the relationship? If the answer, as I suspect, is "nothing", then why do you bother? Being alone is better than having your self-esteem systematically destroyed by someone who doesn't really care about you at all.