Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Allergies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate being so sensitive and having loads of allergies. Asthma, hayfever, eczema plus I am allergic to loads of stuff.

This year has been the worst for my hayfever!!!!

For the past month or so I have 'erupted' in what looks like irritant contact dermatitis/ezcema around my eyes and one my ring fingers. The thing is, I cannot get a doctors appointment until next week.

Any medical type people - I have been using E45 and another mild hydrocortisone cream but it is not working that great. Is there anything that you could recommend that I could buy over the counter in the meantime until my appointment?

Anyone having major probs with allergies too this year?

Comments

• Options
    I've actually had hayfever for the first time in ages this year although it seems to have cleared up now. My ezcemea beens flaring up over the last six months or so as well.

I dont about know about creams, ask at a Pharamcy, they should be able to help.
  • Options
    Eumovate cream.
  • Options
    Hc45 is about the best you can get over the counter IIRC. I'd be tempted to give that ago (applying significantly more than the packet says if it's only short term) and hit the antihistmines too and see if that helps.

My hayfever and skin allergies have been horrendous this year for some reason.
  • Options
    I suffer from ezcema and have it sporadically round my eyes (not for the last few years thankfully) however I do have it on my fingers, especially my ring finger!!

I use Aveeno lotion - it is the first moisturiser that has ever helped... you just need to make sure you are applying it a few times a day to keep the skin soft...
  • Options
    thanks everyone. I went to the pharmacy and they recommended that I try HC45. Hopefully it will kick in soon!
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    thanks everyone. I went to the pharmacy and they recommended that I try HC45. Hopefully it will kick in soon!

Every time I've had that, I've been told not to put it on my face. Did they know that's what you were planning to do with it?
  • Options
    yeh i don't think you're meant to use HC45 cream on your face as your skin is thinner than on the rest of your body.

i actually have an 'unusually high' allergy to grass. :grump:
  • Options
    HC45 is just E45 cream with some hydrocortisone in it, which is what you'd been using.
    And no, it shouldnt be used on your face, or large areas, or broken skin.