Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bach remedy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I thought I would try this rescue remedy stuff as I've heard good things for a stupid class I have coming up. I've got the feeling there will be alot of public speaking and I'm willing to try anything. I went on amazon to find it and get some prices. But on amazon they have it by nelson bach, bach flower remedies ltd and bach remedies. Are they all the same thing? Is there one "true" one? Sorry if this belongs in health. Yell at me and I'll move it :thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-9716846-5642339?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rescue+remedy

(lol at the 27% brandy in the ingrediants.)

Comments

• Options
    I've been using that recently. Mine is called 'Bach original flower remedies: rescue remedy'. The only thing is, I used it when I was taking my a-levels so now it reminds me of the stress of that...so it is probably making me more stressed out and nervous. :blush:
  • Options
    TBH I find lacing my drink with a bit of alcohol works better.

Last time I took it was when I burnt my arm, I took a pippet full (meant to be 4 drops at a time) as I was in shock, and started choking. Least if I hadn't stopped choking we were on our way to A&E. :rolleyes:

I think it's one of those psychological things (the placebo effect?) whereby you think it is having an effect so that calms you, when actually it isn't.
  • Options
    I dont know if its placebo or not, but it works for me. I keep some for stressful situations. I even used it in labour
  • Options
    works for me too. i just put a few drops in a strong tasting drink, like orange juice and it was fine.
  • Options
    ETA: Oh I just realized one of the places selling on amazon is right around the corner from me. Save on shipping:thumb:

Thanks for you opinions :)
  • Options
    Looks like the real stuff to me.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I used it for my driving test :D Worked for me.
  • Options
    I used it during my exams when I was really really stressed. To be honest, I don't know if it works, but I was taking whole pipette-fulls rather than a few drops. I actually begun to quite like the taste of the stuff. I used to have a bit of cherry brandy when I was much younger if I was stressed out..seems to have a similar effect to that.