Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Headaches/Eyesight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been having quite a lot of headaches lately and I thought it might be related to my eyesight. So since I havent had an eye test for about 7 years I've booked one for this week.

Anyway is it "normal" to have eyesight related headaches when you arent actually reading/using the computer/watching tv etc? I've had this current headache since Sunday and nothing seems to be shifting it.

Comments

• Options
    I get headaches that seem vaguely linked to eyesight, if I try and do stuff without my glasses I'll sometimes get headaches and the only thing that will shift them is a bit of shut eye and then putting my proper glasses back on, although sometimes I'm fine without them, if rather blind.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    I've been having quite a lot of headaches lately and I thought it might be related to my eyesight. So since I havent had an eye test for about 7 years I've booked one for this week.

Anyway is it "normal" to have eyesight related headaches when you arent actually reading/using the computer/watching tv etc? I've had this current headache since Sunday and nothing seems to be shifting it.

I always have headaches. I went to the doctor and he said to have my eyes checked so I did. My eyes were perfect. But I was still having some awful headaches. So I went back to the doctor and he gave me some nose spray because he thought it might have to do with my sinuses. I think that might of worked...but only for a bit. The headaches came back. Now I just deal with them or take some Excedrin. It seems to work pretty well. Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    I used to get really bad headaches due to needing glasses, but on the other hand a headache for that long is not normal and if it is bad u should go to your doctor. A college of mine recently had a bad headache for 6 days, she came in to work and her eyes started rolling. We called an ambulance and she had had a slow brain hemorrage. I'm sure this this rare but u need to rule these kinds of things out. My college is only 39, relativly fit, not overwieght or nething.

Not trying to scare but best to be safe with these things.
  • Options
    I always have headaches. I went to the doctor and he said to have my eyes checked so I did. My eyes were perfect. But I was still having some awful headaches. So I went back to the doctor and he gave me some nose spray because he thought it might have to do with my sinuses. I think that might of worked...but only for a bit. The headaches came back. Now I just deal with them or take some Excedrin. It seems to work pretty well. Hope this helps. :)
    Im thinking it might be sinus related actually, my face has been quite tender around my sinus area today, hmmm.
  • Options
    Might be worth getting that looked at too then. Hadn't thought of it, but long headaches I get tend to be sinus rather than vision related.

Lots and lots of hot tea and showers helps.h
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »

A lot of people get headaches from a PC CRT Screen cos they don't know anything about refresh rates or how to adjust them - for a CRT should be at least 72 Hz - mine is set to 85 Hz - but LCD Screen need only be 60 Hz

refresh_rate.gif
  • Options
    Just in case anyone is interested :p

My eyesight was fine and I went to the doctors yesterday and I've got sinusitis. So yummy nasal drops and painkillers for me.