Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Birthday Dinner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's the boy's birthday this weekend and I want to cook him a special dinner. It needs to be afirly simple- mainly because if it's anything too complicated it'll go wrong and I'll feel useless :p It has to have some meat in it cause he REALLY doesn't like anything with too many veggies- so yeah, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Me and the boyfriend cooked an amazing meal on Saturday.

Pan fried chicken with a mushroom sauce with veggies on the side.

Cook the chicken breasts in a pan turning regularly for about 12 mins (dependant on the size of the chicken breasts).

Chop up about 6 chestnut mushrooms and fry in a little oil. When they're done pop in some cream and keep stirring. You decide how much cream depending on how thick you like it.

Nice :yum: and simple :thumb:
  • Options
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=1992954&postcount=5

But if there's only 2 of you halve the wine and stock, unless you want lots of sauce. Would also go well with rice or taglliatelle.
  • Options
    That does sound really good. I was thinking I might have a go at making paella- thats gotta be fairly easy to cook. He also keeps picking up packs of seafood in supermarkets, gazing wistfully at the contents and going 'that looks really nice- wish I knew what to cook it with'. Bless.
  • Options
    Steak, chips, mushrooms, onions and tomato. yum.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    He also keeps picking up packs of seafood in supermarkets, gazing wistfully at the contents and going 'that looks really nice- wish I knew what to cook it with'. Bless.

aw :)