Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coldness

I don't know whats wrong with me or if theres any point me putting this in here but recently, I've just been SO cold. Could there be any medical reason for this or am I just nesh?

I mean, everyone at work thinks I'm weird. There is air con in the office but everyone else sits there fine. I sit there in my COAT shivering!

Whats wrong with me? Its doing my head in.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *has the same problem* Ae you really skinny? It could be possible (like me) you have a slightly lower than normal body temperature.
  • Options
    No. I'm a size 10/12 (more like a 12 though).

If anything, I could do with losing a few pounds :lol:
  • Options
    I get this and close every window in the house much to people's annoyance. Have you been ill recently or could it be the start of flu?
  • Options
    you're probably just running a temperature
  • Options
    I get this all the time, I'm not particually skinny either. No one knows what it is, I just wrap up warm. Also I get more cold when I'm coming down with something, so I'd keep an eye out
  • Options
    I tend to feel the cold a lot if I'm really tired. Maybe its just a cold office though swq and they are all just used to it!
  • Options
    I get fucking cold, pisses me off. What be this lower body temp thing you speaketh of?
  • Options
    Katralla - my average body temperature is about 35.5C. Apparantely it's something to do with the enzymes in my body working best at that temperature or something.
  • Options
    I'm always cold, even when it's sunny I could happily wear a jumper and still feel fine while everyone else is in shorts and t-shirt. My mum's the same, maybe it just runs in the family?
    If it's only just started to happen then maybe just go the Dr's and see what they say!
  • Options
    I'm like this. My mum's obsessed with fresh air and has windows open even when its not warm and I have to close them all because it makes me cold. I feel he heat more aswell. But i read somewhere that pale people (particuarly redheads) are more sensitive to temperature. I'm not too bad though. I have a friend who sits there in the summer saying she's freezing and she's a size 14/16.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm dark (relatively) and have some belly, but I'm always colder than others in the winter. I guess it's a gene as well, or something.
  • Options
    I am just back from Spain, where it generally got to 36 degrees plus in the afternoons, and I was still shivering. But then, I am a huge wuss. Air conditioning is the bane of my life. I'm sure it's always colder than it claims to be. Plus I have a low normal body temperature.

I think some people just feel the cold more than others. It can be down to lots of things like being too thin, but I know just as many perpetually warm skinny people, and equally a lot of bigger people who get cold quickly. Genes, I guess. Invest in jumpers. :thumb: