Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

BBC Weather

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else find their forecasts totally innacurate? Obviously I know it can change at the last minute but lately nothing they've forecast has been right and it's starting to irritate me :grump:

Yesterday was meant to be raining all day so I didnt bother doing any washing to hang out. In actual fact yesterday was quite nice and sunny all day. I checked last night and today is meant to be dry and sunny, it's chuffing pouring from the heavens.

What can I say, Im easily annoyed.

Comments

• Options
    Yep. I usually check on BBCi for the weather and the forthcoming weather changes wildly throughout the day.
  • Options
    My mum follows the BBC weather forecasts religiously. And she's never right.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    My mum follows the BBC weather forecasts religiously. And she's never right.
    Haha, I think Im going to start charting my own weather :chin:
  • Options
    Just before i went on holiday i was frustrated when i checked weather.com and saw that for four of the 7 days i was there it would be raining.

BBC weather said Sunny and about 28 all week, with a day of dull cloudy skies

accuweather said similar, mostly sunny with a few cloudy skies

Anyway i can reveal BBC was closest, Sunny all week, temps ranging from 28 to 35°C, with one day have clouded skies, only for an hour or so.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Haha, I think Im going to start charting my own weather :chin:

You should. According to the BBC around about now it should be chucking it down here now, from yesterday afternoon and no let up til Sunday....

I'm having to tilt my laptop screen so the sun doesn't glare on it. Bloody useless.
  • Options
    I genuinely believe that the bbc weather people sit in a basement somewhere with no windows and make the weather up. Seriously, there's a weather centre in Norwich, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS LOOK OUT OF THE WINDOW, and they still can't manage that!
  • Options
    I reckon that they spent all their money on that weird brown animated map thing and didn't leave any for finding out the weather!
  • Options
    The met office is based in Exeter and it cant even get the Weather here right. :grump:
  • Options
    It's generally been alright for me until the last week ro so when it has been a pile of shit, seems to have got every single day wrong!