Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls : ever been put of by size? (not penis)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well like the title says im wondering if this might be my problem with girls, im a nice guy and im quite good looking, however girls never want to be more than friends lol. i love all my female friends and i really enjoy having female friends but at the moment id quite like to take the next step. all my mates tell me im really sweet/cute etc and would be a good catch, however still nothing :( my theory is that girls are intimidated by my size (6'6" and im quite built) and arnt attracted to me at first and by the time theyve realised theres nothing to be scared of they already think of me as a friend:( does this sound like a feasable theory and if so what do i do about it?

Comments

• Options
    Just sounds like you haven't found the right girl yet.

Like everyone though, people have preferences, i am short and not all men like that but thats thier tough, some do. So where as some might be put off my your height, some won't.
  • Options
    Maybe if your always with your girl mates other girls probably think one of them is your girlfriend and, therefore don't attempt to get with you incase it causes tension between the girls?
    i never normally go up to guys with other girl just incase, unless their obviously single which is often hard to tell
  • Options
    Nah, if anything it usually works the other way round, so consider being tall and advantage. Obviously different girls have different tastes, but I would never think of being tall or well built as a disadvantage, as most girls I know love rugby players. But the idea that girls just see you as friends from the outset, and struggle to see you as anything else after that is a likely reason. I reckon that's more to do with how you act around girls though, rather than anything to do with physical appearance. Treat a girl you like as just a friend, and she'll never (rarely) see you as anything else imo.
  • Options
    i love talls guys, there should be more of them! i hate it when guys are shorter than me/same height it feels weird though i still get with them haha but i would prefer them to be taller - it makes a girl feel more protected x
  • Options
    I've went out with a guy who's 6'5, and I fancy a lad who's the same height as well. It's nothing to do with height or owt, it's just the personality and how you carry yourself, honestly.

I'll never be put off by a taller height. Shorter, I'd definitely be put off of because I like to feel protected like other folk have said - it's not anything I can explain - just an instinct I have when looking out for someone I fancy. :blush:
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I'll never be put off by a taller height. Shorter, I'd definitely be put off of because I like to feel protected like other folk have said - it's not anything I can explain - just an instinct I have when looking out for someone I fancy. :blush:

Fuck this, I'm moving to China. :grump:
  • Options

Or Japan. :yes: :razz:
  • Options
    hmm

well on the on hand thanks for the advice its good to know its not my size thats always worried me:) sadly know it means theres something else im doing wrong lol

p.s. despite having loads of girl mates i dont go out with them i usually go out with the guys so i dont think thats the problem
  • Options
    yohanes13 wrote: »
    means theres something else im doing wrong lol

p.s. despite having loads of girl mates i dont go out with them

do you ask them? if you don't then thats what you're doing wrong
  • Options
    well on the on hand thanks for the advice its good to know its not my size thats always worried me:) sadly know it means theres something else im doing wrong lol

p.s. despite having loads of girl mates i dont go out with them i usually go out with the guys so i dont think thats the problem

I doubt you're doing nowt wrong mate, it's just that you've not met anyone. It's the age old saying - you actively go looking for someone then it won't happen unfortunately! Sod's law and all that jism. :grump:
  • Options
    Your theory doesn't stand up to scrutiny at all. I'm not convinved that your height makes you a liability with women. Far from it. No matter how tall or how short you are, a woman out there, somewhere or other, is going to look at you and think "wow!". Being tall may be your greatest asset. If you were to join a crowd of men, you would be one of the tallest there, and therefore, one of the most immediately noticeable. Your height needs not be a disadvantage, unless you want it to be.

I suspect the real reason is that you merely haven't found the right woman yet. Lack of confidence is also likely to be holding you back.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I suspect the real reason is that you merely haven't found the right woman yet. Lack of confidence is also likely to be holding you back.

Pretty much. I reckon it's easy to look at one factor that you can't change, and blame that for you being unsuccessful with women. Means that you give yourself an excuse not to try, and not to put yourself on the line, which is exactly the sort of attitude that does turn most women off. Look at yourself honestly, and with all other factors equal, do you honestly believe that you'd be more successful if you were a more average size?
  • Options
    Look at yourself honestly, and with all other factors equal, do you honestly believe that you'd be more successful if you were a more average size?
    Most women want to go out with a man who is taller than them. Given that this guy is 6ft 5in, that means almost every single woman on the planet fits in the criteria. I'd say that gives him a half-decent chance, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    6'6" lol thnks for the support im msure youre right i especially like =

"do you honestly believe that you'd be more successful if you were a more average size?"

lol sounds so obvious when you say it like that, i know i probably just havent found the right person yet its just starting to get to me :(
  • Options
    Just out of interest, are you unsuccessful with girls generally, or just in terms of actually getting a girlfriend and taking it to the next level? I mean can you pull in a nightclub or at a party?
  • Options
    How about a makeover?
  • Options
    nope ive never even kissed a girl or anything lol
  • Options
    Yeah so 6'6 is ever so slightly tall and scary to someone my height, but i'd rather that than a small bloke :yuck:

It's probably something else thats the problem.
  • Options
    i went out on a date with someone who's 6'7" once and it didn't put me off. don't worry. like 1983 said it's more about how you carry yourself and being confident in yourself/carrying yourself well.
  • Options
    nope ive never even kissed a girl or anything lol
    In that case, some of your best experiences are ahead of you. Don't waste time thinking about the past on this subject. If you stop worrying about this fact, things will start to change.
  • Options
    Sorry to say it but it would put me off. Whilst I like my guys taller than me it's usually only about 4" so that I can wear heals still but not get a stiff neck kissing them. But it's different for every female so there'll be plenty that it won't put off either.

I do often find with tall guys though that they're clumsy and seem to slouch around, bending their head over, trying to hide the fact that they are tall. That isn't attractive and shows a lack of self confidence, which also puts me off.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote: »
    I do often find with tall guys though that they're clumsy and seem to slouch around, bending their head over, trying to hide the fact that they are tall. That isn't attractive and shows a lack of self confidence, which also puts me off.
    Indeed. No woman wants to spend her life with a man who'll be slouching like Mr Burns before he's much older.

As a growing teenager, my grandma was always telling me to stand up straight and never slouch. "It gives the impression of a confident man, and stops back problems when you're older - just ask your grandfather", she used to say. Looking at the way I stand therefore, you'd be half forgiven for thinking I was an incredibly confident man. How easy it is to fool people. :p
  • Options
    Imo, tall and built is the best way to be, as long as you carry yourself like you are comfortable in your body, not embarrassed of being tall. I like it because it makes me feel protected (like someone else said) and also you get the most enveloping hugs ever and they are brilliant.

It sounds to me like maybe you just need a bt of confidence.
  • Options

Think i'm gonna have to join you there short arse :(
  • Options
    I'm 5ft4 and my first boyfriend was 6ft6.

I have a thing for tall men.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Yeah so 6'6 is ever so slightly tall and scary to someone my height

Ditto. Actually it was bad enough my friend (who is about a foot taller than me) trying to hug me one evening.