Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Could someone please enlighten me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In short, walking home from work last night, nearly get to my house when 2 cars pull up, 6 asian lads around 18-21 years old jump out and kick the living fuck out of me. Didn't say a word, just kept hitting me until I ran.

Could someone please enlighten me as to what they get out of this? They didn't try to steal anything, didn't say anything to me.

Why?

Comments

• Options
    Could be lots of reasons...

Some people do it just because they enjoy kicking the crap out of someone, its fucking pathetic but it does happen.

I know someone who was walking home once, a car pulled over and some lads jumped out. They started beating him up and he fall backwards against a bus stop which kept him upright...

after a bit they stopped and one of the blokes patted him on the shoulder and said well done for not going down... they got back in the car and drove off...

anyway, sorry to hear it happened mate. Hope your ok
  • Options
    I suppose it's just a from of sick entertainment for some low lifes.
  • Options
    Please God just buy a playstation.

I've been wondering whether it was racial, where I lived, what i had on, all sorts. Just heard from the police they got 1 person and 2 vehicles matching the description, so that makes it a bit better.

I wasn't too badly beaten up, i'm a fast runner :P

Made me miss an A level exam though, in hospital for observation. Not happy. Anyone know what happens in this situation?
  • Options
    foo wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens in this situation?

generally they get off, was there CCTV in the area?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    noog wrote: »
    generally they get off, was there CCTV in the area?

Or do you mean what happens about your A level?
  • Options
    foo wrote: »
    Made me miss an A level exam though, in hospital for observation. Not happy. Anyone know what happens in this situation?

I would imagine that they would let you retake as it would be considered extenuating circumstances - the only thing is whether you have spoken to any of your classmates regarding the exam - either way I am sure they won't penalise you for it.

Bit of a drastic way to get out of an exam don't ya think? ;)
  • Options
    oh, in that case i dont think they can penalise you, as you'll have a valid excuse on medical grounds, they might make you take the test later in the year though with a new exam paper? as you will have talked to your mates about the exam
  • Options
    Could have been a case of mistaken identity??
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Is there anyway you could have done something to upset them? I know some lads who are will go to these extremes if their sisters have been upset.

I am by no means saying you deserved what you got, but have a think about what has happened within the last few weeks and if that could have anything to do with it.

Do you owe anyone money? Have you had a row with anyone? Taken any girls home recently? Got a new job?

Hope you are ok and sort your A level exam out.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Could have been a case of mistaken identity??

That's what I thought...

Unfortunately it probably isn't and is just a case of a bunch of fucking pricks being pricks.
  • Options
    tbh it sounds racist to me, could have been random tho

not too sure about the mistaken identity part, chances are they would have said something or other

ive had similar problems with cars filled with people (:mad: ) and all you can really do is hope they crash and total themselves and their cars next time round :thumb:

i wouldn't put too much faith in the police
  • Options
    I was asking what happened with my A-level. ;)

I'm not putting too much faith in the police tbh. I'm not saying thier not doing thier job, I understand that they've probably got more important things on thier plate than a ruffed up lad missing an exam. They were very nice as they picked up all the stuff that fell out of my bag when i legged it (the brave person I am :P).

I also have new faith within humanity, as some old woman lent me a ciggie in the hospital. Saved my life!

As you've guessed, i've seen my gf so i've cheered up a bit.

Just worried about what happens with the A-Level now.

Thanks for the support and opinions guys, at least i'm not the only one in the dark about the motivations of these people.