Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im sorry this is probably pathetic-one of my best mates told me today he really likes me which was a real shock as i never thought anyone would least of all him-i've always liked him and we had a child like going out when we were in year 7 but i thought we were now just good mates-he now seems to think i hate him and seems really upset and i dont know what to do

sorry

Comments

• Options
    Do you want to go with him?

Sometimes saying how you feel about someone takes a lot of courage, and if you dont always get the reaction your looking for then you can be hurt. Just leave things for a couple of days to cool down and then explain how you actually feel to them and if you dont feel the same way make it clear that you still like them and want to stay friends. Dont ignore them or act any different around them then you normally do.
  • Options
    Do you want to go with him?

Sometimes saying how you feel about someone takes a lot of courage, and if you dont always get the reaction your looking for then you can be hurt. Just leave things for a couple of days to cool down and then explain how you actually feel to them and if you dont feel the same way make it clear that you still like them and want to stay friends. Dont ignore them or act any different around them then you normally do.

I dont know-thing is i feel really bad as he was sayin he liked this girl but didnt want to tell her and i was encouraging him to as i said if it was me i'd want to know-i feel so bad
  • Options
    You havent done anything wrong. All he did was be honest and you have to out it past you one way or another. Ad I said, give it a couple of days and then talk things through honestly.
  • Options
    I dont know-thing is i feel really bad as he was sayin he liked this girl but didnt want to tell her and i was encouraging him to as i said if it was me i'd want to know-i feel so bad

Feel so bad about what?! you havent done anything? Okay by saying that 'if it was me i'd want to know' you may have prompted him to spill his feelings for you but that still isnt anything to feel bad about. Do you want to go out with him or do you just wanna be good mates? And why does he think you hate him, did you say anything of that sort? Maybe you should wait a day or two then explain how you feel, but definitely tell him you dont hate him!

oh dear.
  • Options
    i told him i liked him back as it brought back loads of feelings i pushed away-now it seems really difficult-no idea whats going to happen