Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Free parcel?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Moral dilemma coming up.

Ordered some underwear from La Senza back in May. It was dispatched on the 14th. It didn't arrive, so on the 15th working day (when RM considers a parcel to be lost) I rang for a refund. I rang again three days later and actually got that refund, as first woman hadn't done it and there were no notes on the account.

Parcel is here today, 6 working days after it was first reported missing. Do I keep quiet and hope nobody rings me asking for money, or call up and say it's finally arrived?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmmm......

There's something in me that says just take it, you got the refund because it didn't meet the delivery date.

I suppose the honest thing to do would be to ring em up and let them know you've got it, or email, or send the thought by brain wave....
  • Options
    I might be tempted to ring them up and tell them it arrived (but I'm the kind of person who points out if I've been given too much change in a shop :rolleyes: )...

But as it arrived so late, I would have thought they'd give you some kind of discount or compensation for it anyway.

Maybe ring up anonymously and ask what they'd do in that situation and then see how you feel about it?
  • Options
    If it was me, I'd still say I hadn't got it and still ask for the refund, but then again I like ought for nowt. I doubt they would ever find out and it did take ages for it to get to you!
  • Options
    The refund is already in my bank account. ;)

Will think on it, and see if it comes up on the tracking thing as being delivered when it's updated tomorrow. :chin:
  • Options
    I'd keep it. Tbh they're probably not gonna chase it up even if they realise you have it. I did the same with a memory stick... signed the delivery note and chucked it in a drawer and forgot about it. 2-3 weeks later I call up the company to complain - forgetting it had been delivered and they sent me another, bigger, better one for free :thumb: ... I couldn't quite bring myself to then call them up when I found the other one a few months later...
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »

Maybe ring up anonymously and ask what they'd do in that situation and then see how you feel about it?

a bit of a silly idea, no?

maybe keep it for a while but don't wear it then if they ask for it back you can send it back but if not, it's a keeper!
  • Options
    Do I keep quiet

Yes yes You do :yes: "insert shhsss smiley"
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Did you sign for it? If not, sod 'em!

Keep it for you! :) Jammy cow!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Did you sign for it? If not, sod 'em!

Yeah I have to agree, fuck em!

Its not like they are going to go bankrupt, just say nothing and wait to see if they contact you. Im sure they will have far more important things to do than chase you though.

:thumb:
  • Options
    I personally wouldnt say anything. I sold something on ebay, the parcel went missing for nearly three weeks and showed up two days after I filed a lost item complaint. I still cashed the Royal Mail compensation cheque.
  • Options
    i wouldnt say anything.
    Thats ridiculously late, and they will probably have claimed something from royal mail anyway.
  • Options
    keep it.