Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can I Get Help With Cost Of Course?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've decided (against my tutor's wishes) that I really can't do the second level of my course, but do think it's a good idea for me to resit GCSe Ebglish. I've had a look on some websites and the courses seem rather expensive. Does anyone know if I can get any help with the costs please?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If youre not going to carry on in education whats the point in taking an english gcse again?
    gcse's dont really matter at all once youve got a bit of work experience under your belt.
    It will probably be free btw in answer to your question, i retook mine along side my college course and didnt pay a penny for it (i retook when i was 20)
  • Options
    Sorry, I didn't explain myself too well.

I've decided that I need to take a break from the course I'm currently doing as it's far too much work and have decided that now would be a good time to resit GCSE English instead of sitting around and doing nothing.

As for GCSEs not mattering - I need it for the course I'm hoping to do in a few years time.
  • Options
    Ask at the college you go to now, chances are it will be free to take
  • Options
    It probably depends on what else you'll be doing next year and how you want to do it.

Would have thought learn direct might be someone to ask.
  • Options
    I dunno bout funding but I think gCSE English really does come in handy even if you have work experience. I see plenty of jobs advertised that ask for english, maths and somethimes science A-Cs.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I dunno bout funding but I think gCSE English really does come in handy even if you have work experience. I see plenty of jobs advertised that ask for english, maths and somethimes science A-Cs.

Which is why I think September would be a good time to do it.