Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mate Problems...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right well, I have this guy friend who I've known for about 3/4 years now who I only see once in a blue moon due to long distance. We talk online mostly.
Recently, I introduced him to some of my friends at a social event, and now he wants one of my mate's numbers (she has a long term bf, but they aren't the most rock steady couple and fidelity has been an issue before).
I'm feeling really really annoyed about it and really don't want him having her number. He told me how hot he thought she was and tbh, I'm really jealous.
We've had near misses before, me and my guy mate, but nothing's actually 'happened' between us, so I haven't got the right to tell anyone who they can and can't be friends with.

I'm just so gutted that he wants her number and that I'm not enough for him. I think he's gorgeous and have liked him for years so I'm heartbroken because it's obvious he fancies her.

I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Tell him you won't give him your mates number because you're not like that. (I know what I'm trying to get at, but can't explain it)
  • Options
    Maybe you could tell him how you feel instead?
  • Options
    There's no point telling him because he's into casual stuff and I'm into serious stuff and we live too far away for anything to progress.... but I don't want her having him if I can't have him. Is that really harsh?
  • Options
    harsh, no.
    a little selfish? maybe

just explain that she has a fella and that u respect him too much to give him her number

BUT you will pass his number onto her and what she does with it is up to her

ball is in her court then, so unless she is interested, nothin will happen, which is what u want, without looking like you're jealous
  • Options
    So, you don't want her to have him, yet don't want him yourself because you two want different things?

Maybe if you tell him, then you could go out together, but agree on what you both want, if that makes sense?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    harsh, no.
    a little selfish? maybe

just explain that she has a fella and that u respect him too much to give him her number

BUT you will pass his number onto her and what she does with it is up to her

ball is in her court then, so unless she is interested, nothin will happen, which is what u want, without looking like you're jealous

Good idea!:yes: