Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

are eggs low in fat?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i heard they were..cos you get these diets like atkins in which you are only supposed to eat protein e.g eggs. if you ate say an omelette for dinner, having eaten cereal, fruit and salad throughout the day, would it be possible to lose weight? i got a bit of a beer belly comin on and i dont like it one bit :nervous:

p.s i go gym everyday

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    i heard they were..cos you get these diets like atkins in which you are only supposed to eat protein e.g eggs. if you ate say an omelette for dinner, having eaten cereal, fruit and salad throughout the day, would it be possible to lose weight? i got a bit of a beer belly comin on and i dont like it one bit :nervous:

p.s i go gym everyday

Go gym everyday and do what?

The Atkins Diet is cutting out carbs, nothing else. Not a particularly healthy thing to do.

As for eggs, they are not really that high in fat however I think most of the fat comes from the yolk, which is why I only eat egg whites.
  • Options
    nah i am no way going on aktins...love me carbs too much!!! and at the gym i do weights, couple of rounds on the bike/treadmill...sit ups.
  • Options
    nah i am no way going on aktins...love me carbs too much!!! and at the gym i do weights, couple of rounds on the bike/treadmill...sit ups.

Simple solution to your question, if your getting a beer belly reduce or cut out the alcohol.

Or is it your trying to loose decent weight eating healthier?
  • Options
    well to be honest, i havent been drinking that much lately because of the increase in my belly. i would say that its not just a beer belly i have, bit podgy all over really so i wanna lose weight everywhere.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    :yum: Chicken periods. :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    well to be honest, i havent been drinking that much lately because of the increase in my belly. i would say that its not just a beer belly i have, bit podgy all over really so i wanna lose weight everywhere.

Have a decent breakfast, and a clean lunch and tea no snacks and plenty of water. Depending on the intensity of your workouts you may feel you want to up the calories. If you stick to this and keep at it there shouldn't be no problem.

Dieting is stupid IMHO, if you want to loose weight then change your eating habits as a lifestyle change, not only will get used to it or get in the "routine" of it you don't have to worry about putting weight back on.

EDIT: Oh and eggs are the least of your worries in terms of fat content
  • Options
    There are about 88 calories in a medium sized egg. The white of the egg is 15 calories and yolk is 73 calories. They are good to eat if you want to lose weight especially if you just eat the white, like an egg white omlatte or just the whites of the eggs scrambled.
  • Options
    Yep its all true about the egg whites.Theres some great recipes on the net 4 omlettes just using the white of the egg.
    All you need to do is stop using sauces, mayonaise etc and cut out bread, replace it with crackers or pitta bread less in calories and instead of chips have a few small new potatoes boiled and with salad.If u ea fish try unbreaded or unbattered and grilled chicken.

Th best thing hun honestly is to look at the amount of calories you eat if you want a quick easy option but u cant stay like it long term u have to look on the net and make urself a healthy diet plan just make sure if u fancy the odd indian or chip butty u have it or u'll just crave it more.
    Hop this helps.
    x x x x