Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

don't seem normal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:confused: i dont know if i have posted this in the right place sorry if its not. Basically the problem is i had sex for the first time in march (2oth) i then had a period on the 24th march which was a normal flow etc. i am on the pill and he used a condom however i have not had a period since, i have had two pregnancy test both came back negative. does anyone have any ideas to what the problem could be? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I've been on the mini pill for 18 months and was as regular as anything for about the first 9 months, then my periods went haywire...sometimes ahd one every 2 weeks, then didn't have one for 2\3 months.....I got a bit freaked out, went to the clinic, and they said that can be a perfectly normal reaction for some people....a bit of a pain because you never know when to expect it, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant.
  • Options
    i know what you mean about being freaked out, and i think i m just worrying even more because it was my first time so i just keep thinking the worst. it just doesn really feel right not having a monthly cycle. :confused::(
  • Options
    Yes...don't worry...if you're on the pill and you used a condom, it's pretty unlikely you're pregnant, isn't it?

It does feel really weird not having a regular period, but you'll get used to it eventually....:thumb:
  • Options
    kool thnk you for the ressurance, anyone else got any ideas please?:confused:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi lucky,
    I agree that it's very unlikely you're pregnant, but can understand it must be unnerving not having the regular periods you are used to.

You might want to take a look at this article on missed periods. The other thing you can do is to call the fpa helpine on 0845 122 8690. The fpa can offer you confidential information on contraception and sexual wellbeing.

Take care ;)
  • Options
    still aint arrived :confused: has any 1 else bin through this??
  • Options
    Have you been to the doctors?
  • Options
    yep and the doctor just said it should come soon, was tht suppose to make me feel better ?:crying: