Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boy Problems..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.. I'm new to the site and I have some serious boyfriend issues right now.

I'm not actually together with anyone right now.. I broke up with my current boyfriend a few days ago because he and my ex have been messing with my head. I'm in love with both of them, and I don't know what to do.

Justin and I had only been dating for a month or so when I started talking to my ex, Alex again. And over the last few days, I've been stressing out so badly because I don't know what to think anymore. I've always been in love with Alex, but when Justin and I started dating, I fell in love with him too. I don't know.. Maybe I'm not actually in love with him, like everyone says. The people around me just tell me that I think I love him because I needed love when we started dating.

Anyway, so I need some advice. What's a girl to do? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I don't like the name Justin, so go for Alex. :p

First things first, why did you break up with the first one? What makes you think it'll work this time when it didn't last time? If those issues still exist, then without even thinking about the other bloke, you shouldn't be with Alex.
  • Options
    Honestly? Justin and I were just friends while Alex and I were dating.. and naturally, I'd always tell him about all of the times we would fight and stuff.

And he kind of convinced me one day that I should be treated better and told me that I should break up with Alex.

I know I shouldn't let myself be manipulated like that, but I don't really know how to stand up for myself. I'm kind of a pushover.
  • Options
    I don't think you're in love with either of them tbh.
  • Options
    xoxo959 wrote: »
    Honestly? Justin and I were just friends while Alex and I were dating.. and naturally, I'd always tell him about all of the times we would fight and stuff.

And he kind of convinced me one day that I should be treated better and told me that I should break up with Alex.

I know I shouldn't let myself be manipulated like that, but I don't really know how to stand up for myself. I'm kind of a pushover.

And did you think that you deserved to be treated better? Did you always fight? Or did you just take comfort in a slimey little shit trying to get in with you when you were upset once (no offence, like)?
  • Options
    And did you think that you deserved to be treated better? Did you always fight? Or did you just take comfort in a slimey little shit trying to get in with you when you were upset once (no offence, like)?

I always thought that Alex treated me just fine. I mean, we had our fights but none of them were intense arguments or anything. They would be about stupid little things, for example... I'd ask him where he'd want to eat and he wouldn't tell me, simply because he wanted me to decide. It used to drive me slightly crazy that he never seemed to have much of an opinion on anything.

I just think think I took comfort in what Justin said because I was upset. Everyone always tells me that Alex treated me way better than anyone ever did, and my dad doesn't like Justin at all.. He thinks he's just a leech and is trying to use me to escape his own problems.
  • Options
    xoxo959 wrote: »
    ... I'd ask him where he'd want to eat and he wouldn't tell me, simply because he wanted me to decide. It used to drive me slightly crazy that he never seemed to have much of an opinion on anything.

Yep, everyone seems to do that. I reckon your dad's right. Sounds like he was only your "friend" so he could be the one to swoop in there the second you had any problems in your relationship. I reckon you should get back with the original bloke if he still wants to, and there was no real reason you broke up. And this time make sure that you talk to him about your problems, rather than some other bloke (and if you ever need another perspective, go to a female friend, a male friend who's not gonna try things on with you, or there's always this great website).
  • Options
    Thanks.. I appreciate the advice. I just really needed some help from an unbiased source, to help clear things up for me. Most of my female friends are rather biased when it comes to my relationships because none of them are in serious relationships themselves.
  • Options
    I've never understood how people can be in love with two people at once tbh. Kinda leads me to believe that you don't love either of them. Sorry...