Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

On the rocks again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont know if you can rember a thread i posted about a month or so ago about me and my boyfriend going through a rough time and he didnt knw whether he could trust me and not knowing whether he wanted to be with me anymore. Well hes now started sayin that he doesnt think hes happy anymore and that he feels trapped when im around :S i cant understand this as ive never once stopped him from going out when ever he asks if im ok with him goin out i always say yes so i cant understand whats up.
Then he said that he thinks we spend too much time together hes said this before and ive tried not to go round so much but then hes always asking me whether im going round or not it does my head in.
This all started yesterday when he emailed me asking whether i was missing him because im working away for the week and i said yeah and then he said that he isnt missing me and that he doesnt want to see me when i go home for this next week :(
But then he went and said he doesnt know whats up with him because the thought of losing me is killing him :S so if he feels like that whys he putting me through it again?

Grrr men they do my head in

Comments

• Options
    It sounds very confusing for you. I know its a scary thought, but I think you need to arrange to have a proper chat about whats going on with him at some point, because otherwise its going to keep confusing you and him by the sounds of it. Hope everything is ok :)
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    It sounds very confusing for you. I know its a scary thought, but I think you need to arrange to have a proper chat about whats going on with him at some point, because otherwise its going to keep confusing you and him by the sounds of it. Hope everything is ok :)

I agree, I think you need to sit down and have a proper talk about things. Although he'll probably say that that in itself is claustrophobic, it needs to be done.

He shouldn't be able to just take you and leave you when he wants, and saying he doesn't want to see you when you've been away is horrible! He either wants you all the time, and that includes meeting your needs, or he doesn't.

Either way, I really hope things work out for you :)
  • Options
    Hello luvmeright

Do you mind me asking how old you are and how long you have been with your boyfriend??? xx
  • Options
    he really confuses me because he says im an amazing young lady then hes sayin he doesnt want to see me then hes sayin the thought of him not being with me is killing him and then the other week he was telling my friend that hes never felt a love like what he feels for me and then now hes sayin that he doesnt know if he does love me like that anymore.
    I dont know what to do i want to give him time yet i dont want to be hanging on forever. I dont want to loose him yet i dont want to be treated like this forever
  • Options
    Hello luvmeright

Do you mind me asking how old you are and how long you have been with your boyfriend??? xx

im nearly 18 and we've been together 8 months
  • Options
    I dont wanna sound condescending but one thing i have learnt is that boys can be very fickle esp at 17-18, i know it is hard but try not to let him have all the power, he is playing games with your mind and its not fair. 8 months is still quite new really and you guys should be out having fun. He sounds quite confused so if you love him and if you are prepared to wait for him to sort his head out then give him some time, relationships go through there up's and down's but that doesnt give him the right to mess around with your feelings.

I hope you work it out xxx
  • Options
    I dont wanna sound condescending but one thing i have learnt is that boys can be very fickle esp at 17-18, i know it is hard but try not to let him have all the power, he is playing games with your mind and its not fair. 8 months is still quite new really and you guys should be out having fun. He sounds quite confused so if you love him and if you are prepared to wait for him to sort his head out then give him some time, relationships go through there up's and down's but that doesnt give him the right to mess around with your feelings.

I hope you work it out xxx

Definitely. By giving him time it just allows him to mess around a bit more if you look at it a bit cynically like me :p
  • Options
    hes 7 years older than me and hes not like that hes only ever really been in long term relationships with the exception of some of course.
    I think the only thing i can really do is give him some time and then see if he wants to see me
  • Options
    Well then if he is 7 years older than you i am sorry to be rude but its a load of bollocks! Who does he think he is messing around with your head like that?? When someone tells you they love you and cant live without you and then tells you they dont know if they love you like that anymore i would think he was giving you the run around tbh.
  • Options
    you know what i think ur right this is the final time it happens. im goin give him sometime to sort his head out and then if he doesnt im just goin tell him i dont want this anymore cus its just hurting me. Even though it will be hard letting go
  • Options
    Sometimes doing that, although hard, is whats best for you in the long run. Really, you just have to think of whats best for you sometimes.
  • Options
    Good for you, and yes it will be hard but it would be better now rather then later in god knows how many months or years down the line of you being upset. Remember you are still young and you are still learning what you want and dont want in a relationship and if it doesnt work out it will just make you a much stronger person and you will take what you have learnt into your next relationship with someone who loves you and that is it. none of this i dont know what i want crap and what is funny about it is if you took a stand and told him where to go he would soon come running.

Good luck and sorry if i have been harsh i just hate to hear people being messed about.

xxx
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    hes now started sayin that he doesnt think hes happy anymore and that he feels trapped when im around

he emailed me asking whether i was missing him because im working away for the week and i said yeah and then he said that he isnt missing me and that he doesnt want to see me when i go home for this next week :(

So he wants to know that you're missing him, but then replies saying something hurtful like that?

If he's not happy and "feels trapped", he should do the decent thing and finish with you. Or better, you should. Unless you want to put up with someone who is so rude.

Sorry to be harsh...but I think you deserve someone who wants to see you. I've been with guys who just can't be bothered and it's just damaging to your ego.

Why do a lot of guys seem to think all women have a secret agenda to trap them and stop them having fun?
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »

Why do a lot of guys seem to think all women have a secret agenda to trap them and stop them having fun?

I dont know how i make him feel like this though ive NEVER stopped him from doing anything he always goes out with his mates when he wants to whether its up town at night or anywhere else
  • Options
    My guess is that he's unhappy in the relationship and is just trying to find an excuse. I'd also guess that it's not you specifically he's not happy with, but being in a relationship and sees you as stopping him going out and being single and all the fun that goes along with that. I don't think the fact that he's 25/26 makes this scenario any less likely, men in their mid-twenties can be just as reluctant to settle down as those younger.
    I think that he wants the best of both worlds; to be single and have fun, but also to have someone to go back to at the end of the day.