Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wanting to rescue people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to have this habbit of falling for people with emotion problems or people stuck in bad situations...why!?
Its fucking annoying and only screws me up in the end. :banghead:

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on why this seems to happen quite often?

Comments

• Options
    WARNING: This post might be completely useless and impractical.

I reckon that people fall for a certain dysfunctional type. My Mum goes for broken biscuits (people with problems), my best friend goes for emotionally immature people, I tend to end up with complete pushovers. Just a random and pointless non-explanation for you there.
  • Options
    Maybe you have emotional problems and go for them because you see them as similar to yourself :p
  • Options
    This thread really makes me want to rescue you icey. :D
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Maybe you have emotional problems and go for them because you see them as similar to yourself :p

:yes:

Either that or you just feel sorry for them?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    This thread really makes me want to rescue you icey. :D

Too late, i already have, he's mine :heart:
  • Options
    :lol::heart:

It just seems like the past few girls ive had crushes on have all had the same sort of past even though i didnt know about it at the time
    (trouble with ex bfs, problems at home & scared of getting close to people)
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, the same sort of thing happens to me :nervous:

I always seem to end up with guys that have never been in love or a serious relationship before. As a result they treat me rubbishly, but don't really realise until it's too late. :banghead:

As a result, I am currently in man hating mode :p
  • Options
    I suppose the idea of being needed, or someone relying on you for emotional support can be quite nice. Unfortunately when it comes to members of the opposite sex, it isn't exactly the sort of thing to build a proper relationship on. Trying to "save" someone is kinda like you're interfering with their problems, and I suppose can show a lack of respect for the person to some degree, for them to be able to sort things out themselves. Obviously you can be there for them if they let you in on their problems. But I suppose what I'm trying to say is that especially in the initial stages of the relationship, you should be the person she should go to to have a good time, because she'll undoubtedly have friends who are better qualified to support them with emotional problems.
  • Options
    I suppose the idea of being needed, or someone relying on you for emotional support can be quite nice. Unfortunately when it comes to members of the opposite sex, it isn't exactly the sort of thing to build a proper relationship on. Trying to "save" someone is kinda like you're interfering with their problems, and I suppose can show a lack of respect for the person to some degree, for them to be able to sort things out themselves. Obviously you can be there for them if they let you in on their problems. But I suppose what I'm trying to say is that especially in the initial stages of the relationship, you should be the person she should go to to have a good time, because she'll undoubtedly have friends who are better qualified to support them with emotional problems.
    Its not that i target people with emotion problems and try to solve them or anything, just seems to be that i'll make friends with someone, they seem perfectly normal, feelings start to occur, maybe something happens between us them bam, out comes the truth.
    I think i end up with these sorts of girls because they seem to be a lot more caring than people who havent had any problems in their lives.
    Its just really really annoying and for once it'd be nice to like someone problem free.