Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dungarees - Trendy? or not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the deal with dungarees at the mo? They appear briefly in the shops, are they cool to wear again?

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't have thought they were cool, unless you're one of Dexys Midnight Runners.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought they were cool, unless you're one of Dexys Midnight Runners.

Or present a show for the under 5's or maybe on day release :D
  • Options
    They were cool to wear back in the 50s with loafers. Loafers, for fuck's sake.
  • Options
    I still have a pair i borrowed over a year ago for when i dressed up as Super Mario.
  • Options
    I reckon they could look alright, with the top bit hanging down and a funky tee.
  • Options
    Definatley not, not ever!!
  • Options
    Whats a Dungaree then? I thought it was a farmers or carpenters brand of jean... cuz they are thicker... a sub brand or style of Lee I think or something.

Yeah, I was right, I didn't think I was too crazy, but they just look average looking, so whats so gross about them, unless the model just makes them look too average :p
  • Options
    They'e not been cool the past 20 times they've tried to revive them. Wish they
  • Options
    Id never wear them now. Use to wear them when i was little but thats only cus my mum made me lol
  • Options
    last time I wore dungarees I was 4. It was barely forgiveable then, so.... no.
  • Options
    I really wanted some in the last few weeks of pregnancy when even my maternity stuff didnt fit anymore. Apparently the lack of waistband makes them supr-comfortable. Fuck fashion, they look like shit on most people though.
    Cute on kids though.
  • Options
    There's a pair of jeans I like they have the dungaree bit on them but with these they are made so the top bit hangs down below the waist rather than up over the front of the body. I never found out what brand they are which is a shame.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    There's a pair of jeans I like they have the dungaree bit on them but with these they are made so the top bit hangs down below the waist rather than up over the front of the body. I never found out what brand they are which is a shame.

Err...yeah...isn't that true of all dungarees? They can either be done up or the top bit can hang down??? :confused::p
  • Options
    I really wanted some in the last few weeks of pregnancy when even my maternity stuff didnt fit anymore. Apparently the lack of waistband makes them supr-comfortable. Fuck fashion, they look like shit on most people though.
    Cute on kids though.

I bought some when I was preggers, didn't really get the chance to wear them 'cause - as you said - I was kinda keeping them for when I got really MASSIVE. I might still wear them I reckon, I couldn't care less if they look daft.

They really are adorable on kiddies, my friends keep gifting me lovely needlecord ones for the girls. So nice!
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Err...yeah...isn't that true of all dungarees? They can either be done up or the top bit can hang down??? :confused::p
    These ones had a waist band.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    They really are adorable on kiddies, my friends keep gifting me lovely needlecord ones for the girls. So nice!

:D Felix is wearing these ones today :D
    http://www.next.co.uk/zoom/zoom.asp?fte=false&b=G32&p=370&s=11&i=351-713-G32w&h=1361&w=900&loc=&pb=&pp=&ps=&n=C
  • Options
    They are so cute! :heart:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    These ones had a waist band.

Ahhh...fair enough then! :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Whats a Dungaree then? I thought it was a farmers or carpenters brand of jean... cuz they are thicker... a sub brand or style of Lee I think or something.

Yeah, I was right, I didn't think I was too crazy, but they just look average looking, so whats so gross about them, unless the model just makes them look too average :p

you guys must use dungarees differently, ours come up over the shoulders with straps, see SCCs pick.

I like dungarees, especially the dungaree mini skirt things.
  • Options
    Aren't they known as overalls in the US?
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Aren't they known as overalls in the US?

Yep I think so. But then what do they call the gear that painters wear!
  • Options
    I saw this thread earlier and would have posted in agreement to them not being trendy, however...

On my way back into work after lunch I drove past a girl wearing a very tight pair of dungaree shorts... I must admit they looked quite good but you would have to have an amazing figure to pull them off!!
  • Options
    I had a pair of black baggy legged ones about 3 years ago and I only ever got compliments. I think they can look good only if worn as jeans (rather than dungarees with the straps done up) and with a funky top. Don't like blue ones.
  • Options
    :blush: I've wanted a pair of proper dungarees for ages (literally about 3 years or more) and have never seen any to buy.

I didn't realise they were so hated by other people! I like them. BUT the main reason I want some is because sometimes I get in an 'artisty' mood and have to wear weird clothes... like over sized t-shirts with holes and paint on them, and I'd really love some dungies to wear when I feel like that.

Hmm... me thinks I'm strange. :lol: