Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You have or had depression/anxiety/panic attacks or anything related, do you know the root cause(s) of it?

I think i do but i can't be certain.

Just interested to see how many people know...

Comments

• Options
    yes and no.

It's so many things that contributed that it's impossible for me to pinpoint a certain root cause. Yet I know of some things that contributed more than others to how I felt.
  • Options
    I think my panic attacks are related very much to some personal life issues.

I had one yesterday, but I think alot of that was related to my body's reaction to having blood drawn.
  • Options
    yes and no
  • Options
    Dinted wrote: »
    You have or had depression/anxiety/panic attacks or anything related, do you know the root cause(s) of it?

I think i do but i can't be certain.

Just interested to see how many people know...

I know your query is out of interest however don't forget that the cause of the problem isn't always important, the future and how you can help yourself are...
  • Options
    Mine stems from a lot of things, but was worsened more than ever when my dad died :(
  • Options
    Not really.

Theres things that could have contributed towards it but nothing as such.
  • Options
    not being able to have someone i loved, exam stress, people dying, having surgery, family problems, getting picked on, not being believed that it could be serious because of my age...

bleh
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was pretty bad at some era in the past, but I don't know if I couid call it "depression" in the sense it's usually used in these parts. But anyway, the main cause was that almost all of my friends had abandoned me and turned into bullies, and I was stuck with some people who were being friendly (while they didn't use to) but still very far from being friends.
  • Options
    I know some of what has contributed to it but not all of it. I know more now than I ever have known before and to be honest I'm not sure that I like it.
  • Options
    kind of

my panic attacks started due to a fear of vomiting, when i was about six years old and eating in the dinner hall at my nursery type thing a boy threw up and i remember a dinner lady dragging him out and telling him off..really weird

then the fear of vomiting escalated to just when im feeling anxious i have a panic attack
  • Options
    I think my depression started during my childhood but there is a history of it in my family (goes back quite far). Got worse with bullying etc in school, then it just kind of stuck with me until recently. Had a few panic attacks but that was when I was stressed as I was seeing some guy who was a complete d!ck and making everything harder for me.
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    I think my depression started during my childhood but there is a history of it in my family (goes back quite far). Got worse with bullying etc in school, then it just kind of stuck with me until recently. Had a few panic attacks but that was when I was stressed as I was seeing some guy who was a complete d!ck and making everything harder for me.

how would you know if you were depressed as a child? ..just curious... i often wonder if i was the same..it seemed like it, but it just got worse in teen years.. getting better now tho! (i think) :eek2:
  • Options
    Mostly but after lots of counselling.