Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worried and confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi every1
Dont know if i am just being paranoid or not but i just want to know what everyone else thinks. basically i slept with my bf in march, i had a period after i had slept with him, which was also in march. but havent had one since. i have had a pregnancy test but it came back negative, plus i am on the pill and he used a condom. should i be worried, even though i have had a period since i slept with him. :confused;

Comments

• Options
    Well If you used protection, you have had a period and the pregnancy test came back negative it sounds unlikely that you are pregnant.

Have your periods always been very regular? And have you been on the pill for long? You should go see a doctor really because they will be able to give you advice.
  • Options
    Have your periods always been very regular? And have you been on the pill for long? You should go see a doctor really because they will be able to give you advice.[/QUOTE]

dere sometimes irregular but is it normal not to have one in a month cause i didn have one at all in april but as i said i had one in march after i had slept with him. I have been on the pill for ages yea, but the doctor recently changed it bout january.
  • Options
    Sometimes people don't get periods when they're on the pill. If you've been taking it correctly then you should be fine but go see a doctor to put your mind at ease.
  • Options
    to a certain exetent i think i may just be being paranoid because it was my first time but i dont know, but yeah i think i will go see the doctor just in case.
  • Options
    If you say you had a period (and it was a period, not just spotting), was that a gap in your pill? Were you on a break from the pill when you slept with him?

I agree with Lipsy, it's very unlikely given the circumstances you've described but if it'll make you feel better, go to your GP.
  • Options
    th pill i am on you are not suppose to take a break. n yes it was period nt just spotting.
  • Options
    Well if you are not supposed to take a break then does that mean you never get a period? :confused:

Go talk to your doctor because they will be able to answer your questions and give you another pregnancy test if they think you need it :)
  • Options
    Isn't there a pill which gives you 7 dud tablets (basically just a sugar shell) so you continue taking them on your break, thus keeping you in the habit of taking the pill everyday? That way you'd take one everyday and still get a period, I mean.
  • Options
    nah i still get them just that when i have one i got to continue taking them. its the mini pill i fink :confused:
  • Options
    There are loads of reasons why you haven't had a period other than being pregnant.
  • Options
    wat do you think the chances are though? and is me having a period 4 days after i had sex and good sign of me not being pregnant
  • Options
    No one here can answer that really. Go see a doctor! :)
  • Options
    I'm inclined to agree with Lipsy on this. I never thought I'd say that...
  • Options
    Oh ffs :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thanx for all your post. got another pregency test done today and it came back negative. jus thought i would let u's know. thanks again for the advice,:) :yippe: