Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bring back Colonel Blimp!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A blast from the past, and not a moment too soon; I call upon cartoonists everywhere to revive this long-forgotten character to put an old-new comedic spin on the backward Imperial steps we have taken in foreign policy during the last six years;

Colonel_Blimp_comic_strip%2C_November_2%2C_1935%2C_Evening_Standard.png

Any other political images from yester-year that anyone thinks might once again be relevant?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When was it published, originally? It looks pre-war to me, in which case his comments of

"... we must have a bigger Army to protect the Navy and a bigger navy to protect the army... and we must have conscription if Britain is to survive" actually seem prophetic about the failure of appeasement....

As an aside I've always been a bit of fan of Clive Candy in the film. He might be being upstaged by young whippersnappers he's the one who's always been there, whilst the bright young things deride military incompetence (of which they know nothing) from the safety of their drawing rooms...