Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any advice will do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend and i have been together for 8 months now and for the last month things have been good but not as good as they were before. ive never been in a relationship as long as this before so i dont know if all relationships go like this but just lately he never wants to text me any more and he hardly texts me back when he use go out at night he always text me when he got in to let me know he was in and he was ok but now he doesnt bother, he says its because he never has anything to say when he texts me :S Next thing is he hardly hugs me anymore he says its because when youve hit that 6 month mark things get in to a routine and you dont do things like that all the time anymore. I found this quite upsetting as im the sort of person who likes lots of hugs and kisses and i like to have texts sometimes, yeah i dont expect him to text me all day but just one or two when he gets up or when he goes bed just so i know hes thinking about me i mean i speak 2 him on msn and i see him everyother day so i dont expect endless amounts of texts just a few.
Surely im not asking too much of him am i?
Also does this normally happen in relationships?

Comments

• Options
    All I'd say is every relationship goes through phases- both good and bad. Every now and then me and my guy hit a bad patch when things aren't quite right, but soon enough we'll work through it and it'll be ok again. If you really want it to work, just persevere and sit it out. If it's meant to be it'll work out :)
  • Options
    Also, though, I'd say that him saying "after the 6 month mark you don't do things like that all the time" is a bit daft...it might drop off naturally after a while, but it sounds like he's sat down, realised you've been going out for over 6 months, so has actively stopped hugging you as much!! :(

I feel like I've had a similar problem in the past myself because I'm not naturally a very tactile person - it might be that you're just more tactile than him as a person, so when you first started going out, he hugged and touched more because he thought that's what you were supposed to do in a relationship, whereas that bit of the relationship's still really important for you.

Maybe you need to let him know that hugging and things are that important for you?
  • Options
    I did the other night thats when he said he doesnt do it as much nowadays and that he never has after a certin point cus things like that die down but i still want to feel loved. when i said this he didnt really know what to say as i went in a bit of a sulk lol but then he did make a point of sittin with me with his arm round me. but i dont want him to do it just because ive gone in a sulk about it i want him to do it because he wants to
  • Options
    routine at 6 months - blimey.
    Id still call 6 months the honeymoon stage
  • Options
    :yes:.

I'm at 9 months, and it's definitely not routine.
  • Options

Well I got into a rut with my ex after 5, after a honeymoon stage of about 2 months!!! :shocking: Tbh, reckon if you're in a routine after this short amount of time, you might need to think about whether you're with the right person....:chin:
  • Options
    To be honest though i dont think it is a routine. A routine to me is where you see each other at set times a week things like that but we dont. we see each other when we want to and we can go out with our friends when we want to
  • Options
    Maybe he's not really a physical person. Maybe he did all those things to keep you happy, but now realises he's in a stable relationship he feels that he doesn't have to do it as often.

Is there anything you did when you first started dating that he liked and you didn't, and you dont do it now?
  • Options
    but now realises he's in a stable relationship he feels that he doesn't have to do it as often.

Yeah maybe your right :)
    As for the question no theres nothing that i can think of
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    Yeah maybe your right :)
    As for the question no theres nothing that i can think of

I said that 2 hours ago.....:crying: :p
  • Options
    Oh yeah just re-read sorry :)
  • Options