Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I've got a new flat!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
All to myself! for over a year! WOOt!

I have moved all of 50 paces, and have been lugging my stuff since 8, and i've only go the big things (bookcase, TV, computer, bed ect) to go up in the morning...

but, as it's the same building, and thus the same housing association, I can't paint the walls, and i can't put up any pictures, so...how can i go about really making the place nice, and who wants to come over and have a housewarming curry night next week! :p

Comments

• Options
    Loads of colourful cushions and throws and stuff would brighten the place up a bit.
  • Options
    bwah! no paint and no pictures- that sucks! how come?
  • Options
    thats great news. Fuck pictures. Who puts pictures up anyway?
  • Options
    Nice one girl :thumb:
  • Options
    thats great news. Fuck pictures. Who puts pictures up anyway?
    Me :p

lol, congratumalations,
  • Options
    Is the place less than a year old??

My friend had a brand new housing association house, she wasn't allowed to paint the walls or hang pictures for the first year. After that some surveyors came round, declared the place ok and she could do as she pleased.

Congratulations on your new flat though :thumb:
  • Options
    Awesome.

Enjoy it. Are you allowed posters? Our uni rooms we weren't allowed anything except posters with white tac because that doesn't mark at all.
  • Options
    I was thinking posters and whitetac too :)
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Me :p
    And me!
  • Options
    housing association... I can't paint the walls, and i can't put up any pictures

Really? My mum rents from a housing association and so do most people in the same building and they can all decorate, put up pictures and do anything they want.
  • Options
    you could lean pictures etc on the walls - like if you got some really big posters and put them in giant clip frames you could lean them on that - or lean a picture on top of a book case or something.

Have you got enough furniture etc?

Also buy lots of soft furnishings - chrarity shops are really good

xxx
  • Options
    i've got enough furnishture, but i need things like a mirror and rugs and stuff....

the place is over 10 years old, and the housing association are just a pain in the arse....

i got quite pissed off because the sofa is broken, there is a drawer missing in the kitchen, the strip light doesn't work in the kitchen (thus i have no light as there is no window in the kitchen), and i had to move all of my stuff without anyone elses help which took me all day 9-8 and i've only moved 50 paces! oh well...

i might plead to let them put a picture of dear old audrey up, and tell them that i'll re-place it with something generic when i leave so that there isn't just a nail sticking out...

tis a bit lonely up there, i feel a little bit like i'm stuck in my ivory tower...
    i need to find myself some occasional company me thinks.... time to move on completely!
  • Options
    you know those drawing pins that aren't flat but stick out? usually they're strong enough to stick into the wall and hold a picture, up and they wouldn't be as obtrusive as a nail...
  • Options
    Hace you tried changing the bulb and the starter motor in the kitchen light? They are usually the tenant's responsibility.