Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stupid Me!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am so accident prone. In the last twelve months alone I have:

'broke' my right foot - tore some ligaments and fractured metatarsals
Grade 2 torn calf muscle in my right leg
fractured my left wrist
sprained my left ankle twice

Along with all of the usual bumps, falls and burns.

... and today to top it all off I have dislocated my little finger. It looks weird and bent upwards!! Ouch, so much pain!!! :(

How accident prone are you?

Comments

• Options
    Very.

In the space of 20 minutes yesterday, I managed to

- bang my head getting out of my mates car
    - burn myself making a cup of tea for us
    - trip over the dog and grazed my arm on the door in the process
    - fall down my garden step and bruise/scrape all the side of my foot. It looks horrendous.

I am very clumsy :)
  • Options
    Not as bad as you two! :p

Seriously though, I come home with bruises at least once a week. I also manage to cut myself whenever I shave.

Not really done anything like you have in the last 12 months though.
  • Options
    Totally just tripped over the garden step agai after posting that.

I officially am never going in my garden again.
  • Options
    I just laughed, I'm sorry!

I'm just as bad though - whenever I go out (nearly always to the doctors!) I manage to trip over the pavement at least once.
  • Options
    the lady at my local a&e greets me by name whenever I go now! Knifes, irons, stairs, doors, pavements are danger zones for me.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    I just laughed, I'm sorry!

Don't be! :lol: Everyone laughs at me - especially at college, they've just learnt to. Not long over tripping flat on my face in the salon the other day, I fell off a chair. A girl who I don't really know that well (compared to the other girls in the group anyway) nearly had an asthma attack laughing at me. I am officially. Awful.

Very rarely have to go A&E though, so Button wins! :D
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    doors, are danger zones for me.

They seem to be danger zones for me as well. I think twice in about half an hour, I managed to walk into the (same) dorr frame:o
  • Options
    When I was younger I used to be very prone.

The worst time was when I broke my arm, broke it again the very day I got the cast off and the very day after I got that cast off I twisted my ankle and needed cruthces lol!

Haven't broke anything in years though now.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Fairly.

A few years back I had so many accidents in a short space of time they thought that there was something seriously wrong with something and sent me to a neurologist :/

I was fine - they told me I am overly clumsy and needed to take more care :yeees:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Very little, at least being a teen and later (I can't remember how I was as a kid). I've only tripped and fallen in '98, then in '03 and once again last year. Other than that, the only other accidents were a couple of cuts I got in '04 and a broken toenail in '05 or '06.
  • Options
    chortle, shouldn't laugh though. I'm not usually accident prone but I walked into a door t'other week. Bashed my face in and cut my hand on the sticky out bit of the door closing mechanism (if you know what |I mean?) was only a little graze but it's healed really dodgy, all raised and purple, really looks like someone's had a go at me with a knife or something. *sigh*
  • Options
    Very! Although luckily I very rarely hurt myself properly. Scrapes, cuts, bumps and bruises are more my thing. And I once sprained my elbow swinging my backpack on :thumb:

Actually, I think in my case it's not the frequency with which I hurt myself that causes concern (and/or humour for others :( ), but the apparent harmlessness of the objects on which which I injure myself.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    chortle, shouldn't laugh though. I'm not usually accident prone but I walked into a door t'other week. Bashed my face in and cut my hand on the sticky out bit of the door closing mechanism (if you know what |I mean?) was only a little graze but it's healed really dodgy, all raised and purple, really looks like someone's had a go at me with a knife or something. *sigh*

Those door thingies are a right bugger, i managed to basically slice my side open twice in ten minutes in one. They're so sharp its unbelievable.

Then when trying to exit my sister room i kick the door with my foor sending the door infront of my face so i headbut that, life my leg up because ive stubbed my toe, fall onto the bed then crack my head on the wall. I think i layed on the bed for something like 15 minutes laughing and crying at the same time.

Oh and in '03 i jumped accross the top of our landing like i always do but slipped when i reached the other side, fell into a CD cabinate with sharp edges and riped my face open (basically made my mouth wider where it was ripped. Fine now though, healed well.

Today i tripped over three times on the way down the street.

Im pretty clumsy :o
  • Options
    Hmm. I have my moments, but i wouldn't say i'm particularly accident prone.

I've broken 3 fingers, my wrist and a few toes, torn ligaments in my knee and sprained my ankle rather badly, but i don't think of myself as accident prone cos they were all quite far apart. I broke one finger playing snap, two playing badminton, broke my wrist falling off a kitchen surface, broke my toes running into a cd player while i was running to get my mobile as it was ringing, tore ligaments in my knee skiing and sprained my ankle falling off a podium i was dancing on when i was drunk.

Nothing too recently though *touches wood*
  • Options
    I tnd to fall over quite a lot, so people tenf to think very. I so far haven't done any serious damage though.
  • Options
    Ever slipped on the dance floor and crashed into a carpet of freshly broken glass thus slitting your mittens into a thousand pieces? I did last night :) Rather embarrassing! Squirming on the floor, hands dashed in shards of glass whilst people look on thinking "haha taxi for knob head!" Thing is, I was in a pretty sober state at the time! I suppose thats what you get for dancing to 'Cotton eye Joe' though eh? some heavenly force twatted me to the floor and rightly so! :lol:
  • Options
    Not really at all tbh. I've never broken any bones or had any bad sprains. I don't remember the last time i fell over. :p
  • Options
    I'm really accident prone, and it's stupid things that happen to me, like a Tipi falling on my head, even the doctors thought I'd been taking something when I said that, they had to ask the peopel I was with what had happened! Im down A&E every few months for one thing or another!
  • Options
    shadow wrote: »
    I have never broken any bones or anything like iv also never been to hospital for things like cutting my head open or anything like that.

I've somehow never done either of those things.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    I've somehow never done either of those things.

I've never broke a bone. A few months ago though I fainted in the street, and hit my head on a street sign. I had to go A&E for that... heehee. Nice little cut on my head but not actually cracked open or anything.
  • Options
    I once fell backwards, sat on my arm and broke it in two places!!!! And that was in my lighter days, god knows the damage if i'd done it now!!!

Also had my nose broken. The punch was meant for someone else but they moved!

And, in a tired state, and an oversized dressing gown, i cracked my head open on a door frame.

I also sprained my ankle abroad running to answer the dorr and truipping on the side of the bed.

Hopefully, i wont to any more damage!!!