Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

3 months already

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
3 months already that I'm with my boyfriend.
I've been sleeping in his flat for the last 3 weeks.
We are very happy together.
But am I going too fast ?
I asked him few days ago if he'd like us to live together next september.
He said why not ? But he's not even sure to be in the same city next year.

Have I been too fast ?
Everything is great between us. I'm his first lover.
I told him yesterday that I might have been too fast to ask him such a thing and that he should really think about it.
After all, it's been only 3 months...

what do you think ?

Comments

• Options
    if it feels right, go with the flow

if ya both happy with how things are progressing, let it be
    x
  • Options
    What Littleali said.

Personally, I think if you're going to fast, he will tell you. If you personally feel you're going too fast, then just slow down for a bit.
  • Options
    No, I can't see any problems here. But you two might want to slow down a fraction if he's going to be in a different city.
  • Options
    How old are you both?
  • Options
    Live for the moment, you should really be enjoying being together now and what will be will be.

Don't feel you have to make firm plans now, especially if it might cause needless worry.
  • Options
    Ah sod it, enjoy yourselves and have fun
  • Options
    I dont think its too fast, but it sounds like youre having doubts.

Every long term relationship ive had weve moved in together much quicker than 3 months
  • Options
    You need to stop thinking into things so much. Just go with it.....

I did that, I've been with my GF for about a year and a half now, we live together and we are buying our first house together now. In past realtionships, I've thought too much into things, and I've ended up not being myself. That caused problems.

Im just letting things flow, and its all working well.
  • Options
    Hey, I think, if you're not sure about whether or not you should move in together in Spetember, you definitely shouldn't make concrete plans about it. I spent months planning on where me and my boyfriend would live- we'd been together about two or three months when we had the idea and the first time we discussed it, we were quite fucked... Not the best idea as we both agreed it'd be amazing and then neither of us could successfully backtrack.

Anyway, now we're in a nasty situation. He's terrified of relationships and commiting and his age- I'm sure the moving in thing made it a million times worse. For us, even though it felt so right at the time, it was a bad decision. Luckily we still had time to make other arrangements and live with other people, but imagine if we hadn't been able to do that. Nightmare stuff.

I think only you and your man will know what feels right for you and what might be too fast. I try and live like, if it feels good, do it and if it doesn't, don't. It seems like a pretty straight-forward way to do things.

I'd say maybe leave it a couple of months and don't talk about it. Then bring it up again and see what you're both thinking.
  • Options
    thank you for all your advises.

I've just stopped talking about it with him, and everything is much better like that.

We'll see what will happen in September...