Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Desaltify

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Imagine you went to sprinkle salt in your soup, but the top came off the salt shaker and you spilt loads of salt, would there be a way of making it taste less salty, perhaps?

Comments

• Options
    maybe not for a whole shakerfull of salt, but if something is a bit too salty you can add potatos to it and then remove the potatos at the end, and they soak up a lot of salt.
  • Options
    clever! I've eaten most of it now by adding loads of pepper, some butter and some milk and it tastes ok- but still too salty. Will remmeber that for next time.
  • Options
    Sugar usually works to ease salty food. But if the whole container of salt fell in you might have to accept its ruined. :thumb:
  • Options
    No, you should really try the potato trick :) It works quite well, when mum makes cawl with hambones it absorbs loads of the natural salt.
  • Options
    I saw on Lambchop once, you put soap on your finger, stick your finger in and all the salt goes to the edges of the pan, away from your finger

On second thought, I think that was pepper not salt, so nevermind.