Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Driving test ages?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
People at school who are learning to drive have been saying that after august, learner drivers can't take their test until their 18th birthday. I've looked on the dvla website and can't find anything. Is it changing?

Comments

• Options
    Not sure, but everybody said that when I was in school and learning. This year, my sister (who's 17 this month) had been told the same thing in school from mates etc.

However, we couldn't find anything online so ........
  • Options
    Yes this is an ever-persistent rumour.
  • Options
    Have you spoke to your driving instructor about this? It does seem like a rumour though.
  • Options
    I heard something about this ages ago then never heard anything else so i should imagine its probably just a rumour
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    People at school who are learning to drive have been saying that after august, learner drivers can't take their test until their 18th birthday. I've looked on the dvla website and can't find anything. Is it changing?

Arr that one, it does the rounds each and every year.

I was 17 when i took and passed mine on the first attempt, just in case you wanted to know :)
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Ballerina; all the best people pass on their third attempts - true story

:rolleyes:

Only because there are no more little old ladies to knock over.
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

Because all the people that passed first time ran them down

:p

We still passed first time ;)
  • Options
    I bet you're a rubbish driver too :p

Ballerina; all the best people pass on their third attempts - true story

I'm a wonderful driver :)

6 Years later and i've no points and only one no fault insurance claim (Which went through nice and smoothly since it was obviously not my fault) due to some senile old fool pulling out at a junction.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    due to some senile old fool pulling out at a junction.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that...I just didnt see you :p

About the rumour: thats all it is, we had it when I was at school about 7 years or so ago. Its a load of codswallop!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »

About the rumour: thats all it is, we had it when I was at school about 7 years or so ago. Its a load of codswallop!

What rumor is this ? :naughty:
  • Options
    But hasn't it been in the news that they are planning to change the law??? Isn't there some ridiculous idea about making people take a certain amount of lessons or something OR making people take lessons for a period of 12 months?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

That if you get in the bath and fill it up to the level of the head of your penis when erect, catch a fly put it on the tip of your penis, then using your hands encase it to the water, it'll have no option but to run around on the tip of your penis until it erupts like a volcano poking out of the sea.

:nervous: :yuck:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

That you make girls' knees tremble :p
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    That you make girls' knees tremble :p

which is usually followed by nausea and vomiting :D
  • Options

Asked my driving instructor earlier for you. There's been suggestions of it, but it's certainly not changing in August :) The only thing that's going up to 18 this year is smoking :)
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Asked my driving instructor earlier for you. There's been suggestions of it, but it's certainly not changing in August :) The only thing that's going up to 18 this year is smoking :)

thank you!! i forgot to ask mine yesterday
  • Options
    thank you!! i forgot to ask mine yesterday

No problem :)
  • Options
    Recently, the issue of young drivers has been back in the news after a spate of crashes and terrible accidents were reported in the national press. This is just one of the ideas the Government is considering. It's not policy now, but I believe that it will eventually be. I would welcome such a move myself.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Recently, the issue of young drivers has been back in the news after a spate of crashes and terrible accidents were reported in the national press. This is just one of the ideas the Government is considering. It's not policy now, but I believe that it will eventually be. I would welcome such a move myself.

Young drivers have been having crashes since the dawn of time. You really are an old man aren't you.

Anyway yeah people were saying this when i learnt to drive and that was in 2004.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Anyway yeah people were saying this when i learnt to drive and that was in 2004.
    Ah. You've got a point there. Chances are then, that this is just one idea that's been floating around for years and will carry on to.
  • Options

I bet you have beaded seat covers in your car you old man :p
  • Options
    I bet you have beaded seat covers in your car you old man :p
    I've grown up way before my time. Believe it or not, I'm only 22. :(
  • Options
    I've grown up way before my time. Believe it or not, I'm only 22. :(

I bet you have a tin of Werther's Original in the car :lol:
  • Options
    I bet you have a tin of Werther's Original in the car :lol:
    Do you want me to hit you over the head with my walking stick? Back in my day, we sent little hoodlums like you down the coal mines to die... :p