Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fake tan, again!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Fake tan addict, btu never had a spray tan. Going for a St Tropez, wanna be bronzed for the weekend, buut,
How many days before you wana look tanned are you meant to have it done? Know you have to wash it off abit n all that.
Tried to ring the salon but it's closed you see!
Ta x

Comments

• Options
    lol I don't really understand what you have typed
  • Options
    lol sorry, tend to babble.
    Basically, when you have a st tropez spray tan your meant to have it a few days before you actually want to be tanned, cuz you look bright orange at first! But not sure how many days or washes your meant to have like, make any more sense or am I crap lol?
  • Options
    I think she needs to know how many days you allow for your colour to settle down before you show it off?

I prefer the 'english rose' look (can't be arsed with fake tan) so I'm afraid I'm no use.
  • Options
    If you're going for a professional spray tan at a salon then phone them up and ask. They will know the answer!
  • Options
    I thought that generally with spray tans if you get it done in the morning, you leave it to develop all day and then have a shower to wash the excess off at night time. And from then it should last around 2 weeks ish..

If you want it for the weekend, any time now would be fine to go and get it. Maybe opt for tomorrow, as if it's a bit more intense than you expected, you've an extra day to let it calm down a bit.
  • Options
    when i had a spray tan the colour had virtually come off after 3 days, it was a pile of rubbish, missed most of my sides, was streaky and got on the soles of my feet, i was also very orange. i was going on hols the next day!
    I suggest going for one when u have nothing to do for the next couple of days to see how it works on you.
  • Options
    Hmm ok, yeah might go for it tomorrow, was gonna go today but it's closed, dammit. Scared I might look abit, uhh "Fake" if it goes abit bright so might leave it and opt for the bottle i usually use for the weekend!
  • Options
    On a side note I used St Tropez tanning foam for the first time last week and it is by far superior to any other brand. Looked really nice and brown.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    On a side note I used St Tropez tanning foam for the first time last week and it is by far superior to any other brand. Looked really nice and brown.
    ive yet to try it! usually use nivea but when i have some spare cash i will be trying it....it also gets rave reports
  • Options

oooh shall have to try it, wasnt fussy on the lotion one
  • Options

Yes I agreee, its called 'bronzing mousse'.

I bought some Rimmel tan make up last december after discussing fake tan with some girls i was having lunch with at uni, they were always tanned and i had never touched fake tan(and im too much of a worrier for son bed!). I bought the rimmel which is great for legs and lower half as you cant get it wet and a decent product for its cheap price tag. After using that(on arms aswell) I decided to treat myself to st tropez, i chose the bronzing mousse coz it has received awards from magazines. That was in December and I've been addicted ever since!