Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this outfit ok?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was hoping someone with some fashion sense could let me know whether this outfit is ok for a family party/restaurant meal! Basically its my boyfriend's grandfathers surprise birthday party and there is going to be quite a lot of people there and as it will be the first time meeting many of them, I don't want to look like a total idiot! So this is what I have chosen, is it ok and most importantly does it go together properly?

Comments

• Options
    I think the dress is nice. not keen on the red things but i know the contrasting thing seems to be quite popular at the moment.
    Looks like it'd be fine!
  • Options
    Love the red shoes. Yeah i think that outfit would look quite nice
  • Options
    I think it will look lovely, where was the dress from please ?
  • Options
    That outfit is gorgeous! I don't know if I'd wear the necklace too- what kind of bag will you be taking? But that dress is BEAUTIFUL, where is it from?!
  • Options
    I think I'd be more inclined to go for a red hairband or earrings than the necklace, just because I think the necklace would be too much with the neckline of the dress.

I like the dress :thumb:
  • Options
    lovely! :)
  • Options
    I love it
  • Options
    I like it as well :D
  • Options
    I only looked at the outfit and thought 'WOW! For her age, a little Mumsy!' but then I read the text and saw that that's for your blokes' granpa's birthday so it will probably need to be toned down.

Good show.
  • Options
    I'd scrap the necklace and just go for red lips personally, but that's just me. The outfit is beautiful though, you're gonna look fab!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies, I think I will scrap the necklace as a lot of you have suggested that and I liked kate's idea about earrings rather than necklace! The dress is from Phase Eight and the shoes are by Red Herring at Debenhams.

Dobbin, I'm not sure what sort of bag to take, i'm off shopping tomorrow so will look for something then!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    If you havent got the bag yet, aim for a small red clutch bag. nice dress mind you! :)
  • Options
    i like it.