Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ebay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you ever buy clothes off ebay?

Comments

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    Not usually- but for my school leavers ball I really wanted a 1950's style prom dress and decided ebay was the place to look. I picked up a perfect one for £80, had it professionally cleaned and it was great :)
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    No I don't think so because you can never tell how something will fit.
  • Options
    Would depend what I was buying. If its designer or branded beware of fakes though. Ebay is like a Turkish street market for fake goods.
  • Options
    yup- i've been really lucky though...the dodgy sellers are everywhere, but I have managed to get some really nice real bargain designer gear off there. Like i bought some Etienne Ozeki jeans for women on there- they retail for like £112 and i got them for £30 (last second bids...i love it!)
  • Options
    I've bought quite a few things from ebay and I've never had a problem. As long as you buy from established sellers then it's good quality service and they usually have a returns policy if things don't fit. I don't really buy from individual sellers who havent been selling long, so I just see it as a big department store online... :heart:
  • Options
    I dont know i might do as long as its new

i bought some decks off there and they still havent arrived grrrr
  • Options
    Of course!
  • Options
    I dont know i might do as long as its new

i bought some decks off there and they still havent arrived grrrr

You bought them ages ago. Have you sent payment? You sure you aint been scammed ?
  • Options
    I have and I would again :thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    You bought them ages ago. Have you sent payment? You sure you aint been scammed ?

I did wonder the same.... that thread was aaaages ago.
  • Options
    Yep have done, but only really things I didn't care too much about like bottom layers for skiing etc. Don't think I'd ever buy things that mattered how they fit etc off ebay.
  • Options
    I have done. Had to have a couple of things altered and then cleaned, but been successful bargains :) Brand new prom dress for £45, and a pair of Roxy jeans (in perfect condition shockingly) for £2.50... can't complain
  • Options
    yup ive bought numerous clothes off there :)

got some jeans that i really wanted - that in the shop were 65 quid but i got them for 30!
    plus several tshirts etc that i wouldnt normally be able to find in the uk. some of it preowned, and some of it not!

when me and my mum first heard about ebay, we thought it was a bit of a novelty so looked up something random and bid on it. ended up bidding on some 'bell bottom trousers' - only for "them" to come in the post in the form of piano sheet music!! :rolleyes:
    we obviously didnt take much of a look at the item description ;)
  • Options

probably knowing my luck !

na i dont know, i emailed him for today for the second time this week and just asked when they were coming last i heard from him he said the check had cleared and would be sending them shortly so ... ? i really don't know !
  • Options
    I would, depending on what it was obviously. I've bought a dress off eBay, and it was nice enough.
  • Options
    probably knowing my luck !

na i dont know, i emailed him for today for the second time this week and just asked when they were coming last i heard from him he said the check had cleared and would be sending them shortly so ... ? i really don't know !

It must have been a month (at least) since you won the auction. I would be asking him to send them asap, or ask for your money back. :thumb:
  • Options
    It must have been a month (at least) since you won the auction. I would be asking him to send them asap, or ask for your money back. :thumb:

Definitely!!!!
  • Options
    I would.
  • Options
    I have.

I doubt I'd buy underwear though, even if it was shown as being brand new with labels etc.. what if it wasn't? :yuck:
  • Options
    I have.

I doubt I'd buy underwear though, even if it was shown as being brand new with labels etc.. what if it wasn't? :yuck:
    I bought a basque+panties off eBay, and they were amazing quality for what I paid for them. Depends on the seller, I think.
  • Options
    I buy and sell on ebay and never really had any huge problems to be fair. Never buy things like jeans or such like because i know i'm an awkward size. Have bought a few dresses in the past off companies who i know their sizing like Coast etc. and buy shoes off there like trainers and pumps.

Just_thinking, i would def. suggest going to the help page, type in the box seller not sent item and then follow the links to open up a dispute for the seller not sending the item because it's not a good sign when they don't reply to emails when they've already had the cash. At least this way, if you open a dispute, he can't get away with it and it will marked against his ebay if it all goes tits up.
  • Options
    if it was brand new with tags i'd be tempted.. but otherwise, no. i've bought a handbag off there before though.

i have sold some clothes on there though. :)
  • Options

yeah sure i think im gonna send another one its taking the piss really
  • Options
    yeah sure i think im gonna send another one its taking the piss really

Send another what - cheque? I though you said the seller had said it had cleared - if i've read that right, DONT send another cheque!!

Check your bank account to see if the cheque HAS cleared mate.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Send another what - cheque? I though you said the seller had said it had cleared - if i've read that right, DONT send another cheque!!

Check your bank account to see if the cheque HAS cleared mate.
    I think she means send another email.
  • Options
    I think she means send another email.

My bad.
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinions i was thinking about selling a few of my old clothes but i was wondering if there was much point. Ive never brought any clothes off there but i probably would if there was something i really liked and it was a bargain