Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On chatting to my Mam about me paying off my credit card (602quid) when I got my redundancy money through, I told her that since that payment on the 1st of May I was sent another statement through.

On said statement I was charged about 7p for Payment Protection, and a further 7.55 despite NO purchases or transactions carried out.

Now she's said something interesting, she's said that I might be able to get my 602.56 back as I was made redundant and that I might be covered under the payment protection policy I agreed to?

I've looked on the site of the credit card I was with - Capital One WOE! - and there's NOTHING on it. It's a fucking pain in the arse to navigate through.

Does anyone know if I'll be covered or am I chasing up a gum tree?

Cheers.

P.S - I'm phoning tomorrow, but it'd be nice to perhaps be a wee bit reassured 'til then ha.

Comments

• Options
    You should be covered, but it will be for your normal payments. So if you generally make the minimum payment each month, then this is all the payment protection (PP) will cover. It will cover you for the months you are out of work.

I wouldn't expect they are going to pay the full balance off for you. Unless its the full balance dude.

There is however loads of small print with (PP). It may state you have to inform them as soon as your made redundant and may only pay out for a set time.

Its worth giving them a call tomorrow and letting them know you have this cover.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    You should be covered, but it will be for your normal payments. So if you generally make the minimum payment each month, then this is all the payment protection (PP) will cover. It will cover you for the months you are out of work.

I wouldn't expect they are going to pay the full balance off for you. Unless its the full balance dude.

There is however loads of small print with (PP). It may state you have to inform them as soon as your made redundant and may only pay out for a set time.

Its worth giving them a call tomorrow and letting them know you have this cover.

Good luck :thumb:

Crackalackin'.

I was pish with the payments because they are fucking goons. It's paid off in full and hopefully that'll be the end of it, but perhaps I can milk 'em a weeeeeeeee bit.

Shall phone tomorrow and let you know ze outcome, know?
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »

Shall phone tomorrow and let you know ze outcome, know?

OK, you even write with a Scottish accent :D
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if they do anything now that you have already paid.

Most of those policies have a period before they kick in anyway.
  • Options
    This reminds me of when a husband and wife worked together and the husband lost his job and the wife couldn't quit cos if she had her mortgage protection wouldn't have kicked - but if she was made redundant then it would.