Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sticky situation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so basically the problem is this -

Im good friends with 3 lads (lets call them A, B and C)
Now these guys are all students like me and all live together as flatmates in a student house.
The thing is - i know for a fact that all 3 of them fancy me. (ive been told numerous times from different sources - as well as being told by them on seperate occasions - WHY they like me?!! god knows)
BUT i dont fancy any of them back!! Now, ive TOLD them this several times that i really like them as friends, but i dont think it would work out if we were a couple.

the bad thing is though, that none of them seem to take any notice!! i dont know whether its because im a softie and havent told them firmly enough, OR if im giving them the wrong signals despite telling them that.. (which as far as im aware i havent!! Theres rarelyy been a time when ive been properlly alone with one of them at a time. we're always in a group)

the other problem is that all 3 of them know about the each of them liking me. which finally resulted in a bit of a fight last week which resulted in a bloody nose, 1 broken finger and me crying hysterically whilst trying to sort things out. (dont think i really did!)

Basically what im asking, is what exactly should i do?!! I know it really does come down to them sorting things out between themselves, but what can I do?
should i just leave them to things for a while and stay clear for a couple of weeks or what?! i dont want to make things even worse than they already are!

Comments

• Options
    When a man is told by a woman that she does not fancy him, they usually enter into a state of denial. They pretend that the woman is playing hard to get. In this case, you have three blokes who effectively see getting with you as some sort of competition. Hence why they had the fight. Tensions are getting high, and the matter is getting out of hand. You must, very firmly, tell all three of the guys that there is absolutely no chance of anything happening. This fire must be extinguished - it can't be allowed to go on.
  • Options
    If you really don't fancy any of them. Then sit them down and tell them as bluntly as possible. Make sure they all get the message. Don't sugar coat it, just be honest.

Once they understand neither of them will be getting off with you, then they will learn to chill as they don't have to worry about saving face in front of the others. (Guys hate loosing out to eachother)

:thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah do that. If they're your friends they'll back off. If they don't, tell them you want nothing to do with them and you won't have lost anything because a proper friend wouldn't push the situation.
  • Options
    get with someone else. publicly. in front of them. no clearer way to send a message that you're not interested. :thumb:

or you could do the talking thing, that might be better.
  • Options
    get with someone else. publicly. in front of them. no clearer way to send a message that you're not interested. :thumb:
    Well, when one says "get with someone else publicly, in front of them", it might be best not to get too far into things. There is such a thing as indecency laws. :p
  • Options
    I'd leave them to it!
  • Options
    get with someone else in front of all of them

be blunt and maybe a little of with them for a while until they get the message

and if you're really not feeling any of them dont flirt with any of them cuddle and shit cos they will take it the wrong way