Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Been a bit of an idiot...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... and just realised that a rather urgent letter I sent last week had the wrong address on. Instead of --(Whatever) Avenue I put (Whatever) Road and the postcode is alright except I put a --2 instead of a --T do you think there is any chance that it will still get there?!

Comments

• Options
    betsy wrote: »
    ... and just realised that a rather urgent letter I sent last week had the wrong address on. Instead of --(Whatever) Avenue I put (Whatever) Road and the postcode is alright except I put a --2 instead of a --T do you think there is any chance that it will still get there?!
    Shouldn't be a problem. The Royal Mail are usually very good with these things. There was one story in the press a few months ago about a letter being sent to "Yellow Door, Paignton" in Devon. Thanks to the knowledge of local postmen, they worked out that there was only one yellow door there. If that's true, one inaccurate word is unlikely to send your letter astray.
  • Options
    So you got both the address and postcode wrong?
    Doesnt look that good though tbh. There's still a chance it could reach the correct destination but seeing as it's urgent i'd probbly try to contact them by other means to let them know whats happened
  • Options
    Only thing is, postcodes are usually used to direct mail, then the street name after. So if you got both wrong, you could be a bit fucked tbh.
  • Options
    Only thing is, postcodes are usually used to direct mail, then the street name after. So if you got both wrong, you could be a bit fucked tbh.

Yep that's what I thought. But with the postcode I wrote the first 3 letters are right and T and 2 sound vaguely familiar, (how I got confused in the first place), so I was hoping it might eventually get there. Would it just take a bit longer?
  • Options
    It might do. But in all honesty, I'd prepare for the eventuality that it isn't going to arrive. It isn't the post office's job to work out what you mean on the envelope, its your job to make sure its ok before you send it.
  • Options
    A letter was written with an address in symbols and a code instead of an addres and the RM actually delivered it, granted it took a few days longer, but wow,

any unreconised pcodes or address are hand sorted, they check the address through a address checking comp program and find the nearest one so you should be fine, alot of our old mail was address wrong and got to me. and since you replaced a T with a 2 it'll get chucked out straight away by AUTO sort as it wont reconise it, no Pcodes have numbs instead of letters

for example, ave/road is fine, postcodes don't matter so aslong as there isn't "streetname road" AND "streetname ave" under the same town and city and county you will be fine
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »

for example, ave/road is fine, postcodes don't matter so aslong as there isn't "streetname road" AND "streetname ave" under the same town and city and county you will be fine

Yeah. personally i think it will be ok. Couldnt you phone up wherever you have sent it to and see if they've recieved it?
  • Options
    Based on my experiences of the last couple of weeks, you're fucked.

All they did was put the wrong postcode on (which should've been obvious), and yet it took endless phonecalls to get it sorted, got told parcel would be redelivered twice, it ended up back at the company who then put the correct postcode on and it made it back here.