Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Japanese food - Teppenyaki restaurant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to a Teppenyaki restaurant the other night. It was great, a real experience.

You sit in a horseshoe shaped table and the chef cooks in front of you on a massive hot plate. He sets fire to it and does things like throw food and you catch it in your mouth, and he made a massive snake out of eggs, and did tricks.

I had octopus sushi, it was quite tough. And some tempura vegetables, followed by lobster tail, that was nice.

Anyone else like Japanese food? I'm definitely going again!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah its well nice. There is great Teppenyaki restaurant in Leeds. :yum:
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been to the sopporo teppinyaki restaurant in Manchester. Its brilliant! I had the duck teppinyaki :yum:
  • Options
    Coincidentally, I went to Fujiyamas in Newcastle on Saturday. The food was very nice but to be honest, I don't think the chef entertainment made up for the fact that I paid £16 for 3 bites of lamb and 4 bites of duck with a bit of pretty shoots/spring onion garnish. I came out hungrier than when I went in.

At the one in Manchester you get sauteed potaoes with dips, loads of egg fried rice and stir fried vegetables and a big sized portion of meat. I didn't even finish mine!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I've been to the sopporo teppinyaki restaurant in Manchester. Its brilliant! I had the duck teppinyaki :yum:

It was sopporos in Liverpool. I couldn't finish my food either, had to give most of my potatoes and rice to my boyfriend.
  • Options
    yea its awesome, quite expensive though.
  • Options
    Ooh Im going for Teppenyaki on Wednesday :yum:
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    It was sopporos in Liverpool. I couldn't finish my food either, had to give most of my potatoes and rice to my boyfriend.

Tis nice.