Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Washing rugs.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
K, I assume this is where I put this. I don't really know.

Anyway, I have a slight dilemma.

Basically, my mum is on holiday and we (as in me, my twin sister, Lizzy, and my oldest sister, Charlotte) have been looking after the house. My mum is coming back today and I'm here cleaning up after everyone else (I'm not joking, I spend all my time in my room, none of the mess downstairs belongs to me) by myself, as Lizzy is at work and Charlotte is fuck-knows-where.

So, I was vacuuming and I discovered that where one of the dogs pissed on the carpet during the week (while Charlotte was the only one here, and she didn't clean it up), it still hasn't been cleaned up even though I told Charlotte to do it (sensing a theme, here?). And there's a nice stain on the thing next to the conservatory door, as well as the floor. I have no idea how to clean it off the rug, floor is easy, but not the rug. Basically because it's not a normal rug. It's like a rug/mat, with fabric on top and rubbery stuff on the bottom. I think it was meant to be a doormat, actually :chin:. But anyway...the pee went through to the rubbery bit on the bottom and stained that as well, but I don't know if I can put it into the washing machine or what? There's no washing instructions on the label (I checked). If I can't, then I'm going to have to tell my mum what happened, but I want to try and get this stain off. We have some Vanish, but it's the one for spraying on then washing it etc. We might have some other stuff which I can do the floor with, but I still don't know about this stupid rug.

I need help with this asap, I have no idea what time my mum is due back >.<.

Please please please!

Comments

• Options
    I put my bathmat in the washer and thats rubber, but I put it in at 30 so it didn't melt. I wouldn't like to say though because I don't know what the rest of yours is made of. Why don't you just tell your mum, the dog did it not you - and its Charlottes fault not yours. Don't stress about it its not your fault :)
  • Options
    Well, Charlotte has now come home in a bad mood because I text her and told her to come and help me because I'm supposed to be revising. So she's cleaning it up. I'll let her figure out how to do it. I don't really care anymore.

Thank you though :)
  • Options
    I HAVE A PLASTIC/RUBBER- WHATEVER BACKED RUG IN MY HALLWAY. IT GOES IN THE wash at 40 with no probs.