Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Needhelp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, came across this board and seems like there are a lot of mature reasonable posters here as compared to other sites so I thought I would post here. My gf and I were both virgins when we first met. Its been several months now and we have had problems with having sex, she gets very aroused but remains very tight down there. I have been able to get a finger in but occasionally its even too tight for that. Sometimes I feel like we have gotten penetration but I'm not certain......how bizarre is that? It hurts her a lot as well which is not fun. I have been using KY.......and sometimes there is occasional spotting of blood which makes me wonder if all the pushing is causing damage cause she's too tight..........HELP! We really love each other and want to get this right

Comments

• Options
    She is probably very nervous in spite of wanting to make love to you and this could be the cause of the problem. Have you tried using different positions to see if there is any improvement? For instance, her lowering herself on you would give her more control ... or you may find that taking her from the back gives you more 'slack'.
  • Options
    Yeah we tried her on top once or twice but it didnt work
  • Options
    Maybe she just needs to be more relaxed. The blood only sounds like the hymen stretching and breaking, which, if it hasn't broken fully, could be why she is tight. Also my first time hurt a lot, but i didnt bleed because i had been fingered a lot before, i read somewhere you should be able to use two fingers before you should try penetration because this will help it to stretch, although i don't remember where i read this so i can't check up on the reliability of it. And my first time i wasn't sure if my boyfriend had fully penetrated, because we had been close before but stopped because it hurt too much, so its not that bizarre. If you love each other it will come naturally at the right time. Hope i have been a little help.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    elf3000 wrote: »
    Maybe she just needs to be more relaxed.

This is quite possible.

You could also consider try some other lubricants such as the Durex Play ones or there's an Eros lube which has been designed especially for women - they're just a bit sexier than KY and if you get a warming one it might help with relaxation.

TheSite has a service called askTheSite where you can ask a professional advisor about issues like this. There's a Q&A in the archive called too tight for sex which may well help.

Take care :)
  • Options
    The other question is where you are, when trying.

If you are at either of your parents houses then that will not help her at all..
  • Options
    The other question is where you are, when trying.

If you are at either of your parents houses then that will not help her at all..

That's true. You need to try and make sure that anything which might be causing her to tense up - including worrying that your parents might walk in! - is eliminated. Spend some time not having sex, or attempting to have sex. Ask her what feels good for her, what she enjoys. The more you know about what she likes, the better it will be when you have sex because you'll know what she likes and she'll be a lot more receptive to it. Most of the time, people feeling too tight is because they're nervous and tensing up. While it is possible to be 'too small' to have sex, it's extremely rare and chances are she's just not comfortable with the idea yet - and that's not a reflection on you, just the circumstances :) Most people have their first sexual experiences in their parents' houses, which isn't really that good when it comes to relaxing!
  • Options
    Being too tight to have sex is called (I think) Vaginismus and she needs easing out of it gently, so to speak. You could try going down on her first, which will probably help a lot. I'm pretty sure that the Ssh store in London do some small little vibrators specifically for women who have this problem, which she can use to get herself used to having something inside her. She may also want to have words with her GP about it to see what s/he can offer in terms of help.
  • Options
    We are in a an apartment so there is no one else around. I am going to try fingering her for a while to get her used to it. She doesnt want to go see a doctor unless its absolutely necessary...Thanks for the advice guys
  • Options
    Vanilla wrote: »
    Being too tight to have sex is called (I think) Vaginismus

wrong. thats when the muscles of the vagina contract tightly to prevent penetration and is usually a emotional rather than a purely physical cause.
    its normal to be tight if you are a virgin and thats not a medical issue.
    you're just going to have to keep trying. take it slow. use plenty of lube and plenty of foreplay.
  • Options
    Have you spoken to her about why this could be happening? Because I would bet it's a mental block type-thing. Maybe she's scared of it hurting because she's never had sex before? Or could she have had a bad experience with someone else using fingers before? It could also just be that she's thinking so hard about it and getting so stressed about it, that it just makes her tighten up more.

Maybe you could arrange with each other to kiss and stuff, be naked, be in bed, but not actually try for penetration. If you tried that for a bit, then maybe she would get used to it all and not be nervous about it. After a while you could talk about maybe trying for penetration with fingers again and see how it goes. I'd bet it would be a lot easier.

Also, do you stimulate her clit as well? Because that would certainly make her more ready for sex. Do you ever go down on her? Because that would help too. If you were a virgin too when you met her and haven't really done this stuff before, then just go with the flow really- try different things out and ask her what feels best. Different strokes for different folks (literally in this case).

But I definately think doing sexual stuff but agreeing not to attempt any kind of penetration is a good idea. It will be so much easier when you are both really relaxed and comfortable.

Hope this helps a bit...