Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

going over my overdraft

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a graduate hsbc account, i checked my account yesterday and im something like a few pouds over my overdraft, will i be charged for this?

I really need to get some clothes for an interview i have next week but if i will definately be charged then i'll have to cancel

Comments

• Options
    Blah wrote: »
    I have a graduate hsbc account, i checked my account yesterday and im something like a few pouds over my overdraft, will i be charged for this?

I really need to get some clothes for an interview i have next week but if i will definately be charged then i'll have to cancel

I'm always in this position, but HSBC are quite good to me. They never really charge me for anything. Don't know why.

Having said that I haven't got a clue about the state of my account. If I don't check then I cant feel bad. As long as shops keep accepting my card then I will assume there is still money in my account :D
  • Options
    Surely you already have something you can wear to an interview?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I'm always in this position, but HSBC are quite good to me. They never really charge me for anything. Don't know why.

Having said that I haven't got a clue about the state of my account. If I don't check then I cant feel bad. As long as shops keep accepting my card then I will assume there is still money in my account :D

I'm like this, but it's bad - i KNOW there's no money in my account cos i checked it last week, but the shops are still taking my card :S

Ah well, i get paid on weds!

And no, by and large, HSBC don't charge you for going a little over your o/d limit. They will if any direct debits bounce though, so you need to make sure there's money in there if anything's trying to come out.