Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Championship play-offs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Nervous!!!

Come on Saints - give those Rams a good hiding!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well played Forest last night, actually surprised .. was a half decent game.
  • Options
    Fucking idiot Pele...when you see the penalty decision you'll understand
  • Options
    another stupid mistake by Pele and they've hit the post...theres a ridiculous irony, sunk by 'Pele'...we won't win this they're not even trying.
  • Options
    looking better going forward (finally)...story of our season; Brazil up front, Afghanistan-sanitation-department-reserves at the back.

Ostalund; I love his commitment, but as far as Biblical characters go, sometimes he's more 'little donkey' than Jesus.
  • Options
    Derby 2 Saints 1 - and they didn't deserve it (Derby). Draw would have been fair.

Pele has sunk us; I can forgive a mistake, but that was stupidity par excellance.
  • Options
    I'm convinced they only bought him because of his name. What a fucking retarded thing to do.

A draw would have been a fair result though Saganowski hit the crossbar twice and we should have had at least 2 penalties if not more. Absolutely fucking gutted.
  • Options
    :yippe:
  • Options
    ugggghhhh:crying: :rolleyes: :grump:
  • Options
    :yippe:
    :wave: :yippe: :razz:
  • Options
    Being a Leicester man, I do hope Derby get severly spanked in the final and preferably by WBA rather than Wolves... :D
  • Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Out on penalties - how shit is that?

Incidentally, why don't away goals count in the playoffs? Why else play home and away legs? I can't think of another competition over two legs where they don't count.

Oh well. Let's just hope Mr. Allen comes along and pumps us full of money.
  • Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Out on penalties - how shit is that?

Incidentally, why don't away goals count in the playoffs? Why else play home and away legs? I can't think of another competition over two legs where they don't count.

Unlucky, but for myself FUCKING YEAH! :yippe:

As for the away goals rule, wikipedia writes...

The semi-finals of the promotion playoffs in the Football League, despite being two-legged, ceased to employ the away goals rule from 2000. As away goals scored in extra time counted double, the side finishing lower in the league gained an advantage by playing away in the 2nd leg, thus giving them 30 more minutes to score an away goal. The rescindment of the away goals rule has affected the results of several play-off semi-finals.

Seeing as this is an extension of the league season and not a cup competition, I'm inclined to agree with this.
  • Options
    As for the away goals rule, wikipedia writes...

The semi-finals of the promotion playoffs in the Football League, despite being two-legged, ceased to employ the away goals rule from 2000. As away goals scored in extra time counted double, the side finishing lower in the league gained an advantage by playing away in the 2nd leg, thus giving them 30 more minutes to score an away goal. The rescindment of the away goals rule has affected the results of several play-off semi-finals.

Of course, anopther way would have been to have a cut off at 90 minutes.

Still Derby finsihed third. I'm a traditionalist and so would like to see them come up. If 40-odd games isn't enough to determine who should be promoted then why is 3?
  • Options
    True, if this were 1987, we'd be up. But football was dying on its arse back then hence the Play-off's were introduced to jazz up the end of the season.