Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to make my legs look longer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have quite thin legs but because they're ridiculously short, they look really stumpy when i wear skirts so what shoes will make my legs look longer?

Comments

• Options
    burning-man-stilts-walking.jpg
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Obviously if you cant get hold of SCC's suggestion, the higher the heel the longer the leg.

Dont go for shoes that wrap around the ankle, but everything else should be fine.
  • Options
    I was gonna say fake tan, but clearly SCC's suggestion has blown any other answer out of the water ;) get a bit of a tan going on, some nice heels (they elongate your legs and make your bottom more pert) and voila.
  • Options
    HEELS !!

Tan

Moisturise (it wont make them look longer but will make them smoother)
  • Options
    You also need to be careful about the length of your skirt. For example, a knee length skirt will chop your legs in half and make them look shorter. One that come just below the knee, with a nice pair of heels, will definitely make them look longer. Think T and S.
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »
    You also need to be careful about the length of your skirt. For example, a knee length skirt will chop your legs in half and make them look shorter. One that come just below the knee, with a nice pair of heels, will definitely make them look longer. Think T and S.

:no:

I've got short legs and anything below knee length makes them look really squat. (Except floor length skirts and dresses).

Anything 3 quaters of the way down or just below knee-length just doesn't look good at all.

But yeah... heels are good. :thumb:
  • Options
    short skirts, tanned legs and heels all the way! Also if you shimmer your legs with something like that benefit cream it gives a nice sheen to them which I bet adds length.
  • Options
    wedges are good heels because they add height with a platform and the heel making them easy to walk in. don't know if they're the best for making your legs look longer in a skirt but they're good under pinstripe trousers.
  • Options