Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flushing when drinking?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have this, well what could prove to be, embarrasing problem - When I have an alcoholic drink (but only when it's over 3%) I get this burning blushing effect on my face :blush:

I used to drink alot when I was at uni (the bar opened at 1pm and I often stayed back for lock-ins at local clubs/pubs :( ) and I didn't have this problem. When I left back in 1999 and met my partner I quit drinking. I was t-total for about 3 years and then I started drinking again after I had my daughter so I'm wondering if this could have something to do with it?

I'm just starting to "get my groove back" after being a loner for the past 7 years (between lots of travelling backwards & forwards to spend time with my now partner, getting pregnant and then being a full time mum I lost touch with all my friends - none of them were parents at the same time or even settling down) and I don't particularly want to take on the "parental" or "designated driver" role when I go out with my new friends. I want to be able to go out and have fun, let my hair down a bit and act like a 28 year old instead of a 50 year old :mad:

So I guess after all that waffling, my question is : Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this blushing/heat? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It can depend on what you drink and yes it probably is from extensive periods of not drinking. When I first started drinking cider always made my face flush. Eventually as I got used to drinking it stopped, but then after long periods of not drinking it sometimes happens again. My suggestion would be to work out which drink make you flushed and avoid them, like I used to with cider.