Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hunger & Eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else get really hot when they eat? I'm sure this only started about xmas time.

Also I get really hungry every couple of hours I start to feel a bit faint if I don't eat anything.

What do people think this is? I have a high-ish metabolism but I'm not sure if theres anything more to it.

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone else get really hot when they eat?

Only when I eat a huuuuge meal, like at Christmas.

What are you eating at the moment? And how often?
  • Options
    I just ate some snackajacks and got really hot. I eat every 2-3 hours max. Branflakes/toast for brekky, banana or snackajacks for break. Lunch is a sandwich. Then prob have another snack about 3ish. Then go home and have my dinner about 6ish.
  • Options
    I'd suggest ditching the snackajacks (aka newspaper and air) for something a bit more substantial like a yoghurt with some seeds sprinkled on top, or a nut butter on wholemeal bread. Your frequent eating is good, if the food has a higher GI, and your insulin is spiking and slumping, that could be why you're feeling a bit flaky - that's what happens to me. But if it continues, I'd suggest you see a doc about it.
  • Options
    when you are hungry. eat. simple.
    if you're not eating enough you're body will naturally make you hungry. give your body whatever it wants and the problem will go away.
  • Options
    I get hot when I eat too, and I have a really high metabolism. I don't know if it has anything to do with our metabolisms though?
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    when you are hungry. eat. simple.
    if you're not eating enough you're body will naturally make you hungry. give your body whatever it wants and the problem will go away.

I do eat! Its just when I'm at work and I have things to do. I don't really get any warning just all of a sudden I'm really hungry. And I might wait like half an hour or something because I'm busy and then I start to feel faint.

Yeh the temperature thing is weird..
  • Options
    hypoglycemia?
  • Options
    Do you keep yourself well hydrated? It could be to do with that? I get mega hot if I eat without drinking sometimes. Maybe keep a bottle of water with you to sip?
  • Options
    Ok I'm gona read into the hypoglycemia, replace the snackajacks and make sure I'm hydrated before eating meals :) thanks!
  • Options
    Snack-a-jacks are LUSH. The salt and vinegar ones anyway. I was less impressed with the sour cream and onion =/