Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How annoying ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a lovely little LCD TV, with built in DVD, SD Card slot, USB Port, DivX, Analogue and Freeview all in one

One unit does it all - only thing you can't do....

... is change the volume from the remote control ... :grump:

You have to manually walk to it and turn a little thumb wheel ... How dumb are some companies .. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    That is really annoying. Cant you get a new control that would allow you to change the volume?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    That is really annoying. Cant you get a new control that would allow you to change the volume?

Didn't you read the bit about the thumbwheel?

I'd need a trained chimp to change the volume or a robot made by NASA with fingers like a Swedish masseur .. :grump:

Damn TV is perfect and has way more stuff then any TV I've seen and then they mess up on such a simple thing :eek2:
  • Options
    They were probably getting all the DVD, SD Card slot, USB Port, DivX, Analogue and Freeview features included that they forgot the volume ... :rolleyes: .. what make is it?
  • Options
    Can you not use one of thoe all-in-one remotes?
  • Options
    As Diamond says, it has a thumbwheel volume control. No amount of different handcontrols will solve the problem. It's just down to poor design unfortunately ...
  • Options
    Those Sky controls do work, you have to program them in so the volume works
  • Options
    that's a proper terrible design flaw, I've no idea how they could possibly miss that :eek2:
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    Can you not use one of thoe all-in-one remotes?

:yes:

Thats what I was meaning
  • Options
    Whoa, that's just retarded, Does it have audio phono outputs at the back? You could hook it up to an amplifier and just keep the TV sound down, then use the amp's remote to control the sound.

If it doesn't have audio outputs then you're screwed really. (Although actually, the TV would probably have a scart out , so you could buy some scart to phono leads, or something. That's what I'd do anyway.
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    Whoa, that's just retarded, Does it have audio phono outputs at the back? You could hook it up to an amplifier and just keep the TV sound down, then use the amp's remote to control the sound.

If it doesn't have audio outputs then you're screwed really. (Although actually, the TV would probably have a scart out , so you could buy some scart to phono leads, or something. That's what I'd do anyway.

It has all of that but I ain't got a remote control set of speakers in my room.#

I'm gonna take it back eventually..

http://tinyurl.com/3x5lwv

That's the unit - little thing for me bedroom - very nice sound - shame you have to get up and change it manually - it does have mute on the remote.
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    sky themselves tried when they attempted fixing the last box (powercut killed it) and they couldnt work out what was wrong so just replaced it (and before you (DG) say it I don't break everything :p)

http://www.satalogue.com/section13/page2.htm
  • Options
    as far as I'm conceerned volume, and possibly power are about the only things you need on a remote
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Big Gay wrote: »
    as far as I'm conceerned volume, and possibly power are about the only things you need on a remote
    No channel-changing buttons?
  • Options
    No channel-changing buttons?

I was gonna say that .. LOL

The stupid remote even has a channel scan button - i.e. you putsh it and it starts searching for new channels - that's like something you'd rarely need after you first tune the TV ..

It's annoying cos USA programs are low in volume - then the TV Commericals come on and they're twice as loud.
  • Options
    nah, you set the channel when (before?) you turn it on - or more likely in my case - insert the media
  • Options
    nah, you set the channel when (before?) you turn it on - or more likely in my case - insert the media

Huh? Which question you answering?
  • Options
    Huh? Which question you answering?

the "wouldn't you want channel buttons on your remote" question that Indrid Cold asked, and you were going to.
  • Options
    the "wouldn't you want channel buttons on your remote" question that Indrid Cold asked, and you were going to.

When you go into the poound shop they sell the most basic remote I've ever seen but it has the 5 most important buttons.

Power
    Channels Up and Down
    Volume Up and Down

Planning to return the TV back today.